Property access not allowed?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hi, guys - 

I'm having a problem when I click on CLUBS, or individual member profiles.  

I'm getting this:

Sorry, there is a problem
Something went wrong. Please try again.

TECHNICAL DETAILS

Error: Property access is not allowed yet (0)
#0 /var/www/html/107016/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/directory.php(186): IPS\Content\Search\Mysql\_Query->search()
#1 /var/www/html/107016/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_directory->manage()
#2 /var/www/html/107016/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/directory.php(64): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/html/107016/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_directory->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/107016/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

These details only show because you are logged in as an administrator. You can view them again later in the System Logs section of the AdminCP.

I went to the LOGS in the ACP, but I'm not sure what it wants me to do to fix it...or what broke it in the first place.

This is way over my head.  Can you help, please?

dB

Edited by David Bryce

We are getting the same error. I'm not seeing any patches to apply. Please help. Thanks!

#0 /var/www/html/107016/applications/core/modules/front/discover/streams.php(408): IPS\Content\Search\Mysql\_Query->search(NULL, NULL, 17)
#1 /var/www/html/107016/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\discover\_streams->manage()
#2 /var/www/html/107016/applications/core/modules/front/discover/streams.php(65): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/html/107016/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\discover\_streams->execute()
#5 {main}

Edited by tifftam

I am seeing this issue as well, when members try and log in they get that error. The user sees error code EX0. 

Here's the code from the system log:

#0 /var/www/html/107016/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(253): IPS\Content\Search\Mysql\_Query->search()
#1 /var/www/html/107016/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#2 /var/www/html/107016/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(81): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/html/107016/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#5 {main}

Edited by Luke Zimmermann

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue on self hosted.

#0 /var/www/html/applications/core/widgets/stream.php(198): IPS\Content\Search\Mysql\_Query->search()
#1 /var/www/html/applications/cms/sources/Blocks/Block.php(242): IPS\core\widgets\_stream->render()
#2 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(4620) : eval()'d code(136): IPS\cms\Blocks\_Block::display()
#3 /var/www/html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1250): IPS\Theme\content_pages_52()
#4 /var/www/html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2276): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getHtmlContent()
#5 /var/www/html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(116): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#6 /var/www/html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#7 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#8 /var/www/html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Edited by sobrenome

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This was am issue on our hosting that was resolved. Similarly, this is an issue on your hosting that you are having, and I believe is related to an issue on your PHP version. Have you recently changed this? If so, please change it back and see if you have the same problem

The only thing that I have changed is the database read and write separation.

New error on logs:

#0 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(746): IPS\Content\Search\Mysql\_Query->search()
#1 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(126): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->_results()
#2 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->manage()
#3 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

• 3 months later...

There have been two different issues in this thread...  

1. Related to IPS' CiC platform.  This was resolved.
  2. An issue related to having mySQL split into separate read/write shards.

If your mySQL is not split, it's not the same issue.  I would recommend starting a new topic.  If downgrading PHP worked, it's most likely a different issue.  I would first start by making sure your version of PHP8 meets IPS' system requirements:

I would also disable all third party applications/plugins and also switch back to a default theme.  In a majority of cases where folks have had issues with PHP8, it's been one of those issues.  

we put it back to php 8

and disabled all the plugins,  everything is fine, but when we press "unread content" twice, we get the same error message

we are looking at cloudflare cache or perhaps proxy next to see if its that

any ideas appreciated

Could contain: Page, Text, LetterCould contain: Page, Text, Letter