Mobile Navigation [Support Topic]

Hi @shahed

I have so many forums are for students and parents and differents schools, I would like use the additional links drawer to host all that school forums. 

Could you add members groups ability to restrict who can see that additional links drawer? Example, regular members cannot see that drawer. School members can see that drawer and related links.

13 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi , I have ti tested again, it seem problem of Forum-Add on, I already send help request to that developer.

There available to translate the title of the links? it must needed because today communities almost multilingual group of people

Could contain: Text, Page

Hello,

Title of the main area's link are language string, so you can translate. unless disabling the default status of those links, so alternative links to be display in their stead.

12 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi @shahed I mean the logo position after the hamburger is hide, the hamburger space can be removed? 

Could contain: Holding Hands, Hand, Crowd

Could contain: Hand, Text

I wish i had a link to this, so i could be more help. seems a simple css custom work. if you want, you can send me in a PM as well.

11 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi @shahed

I have so many forums are for students and parents and differents schools, I would like use the additional links drawer to host all that school forums. 

Could you add members groups ability to restrict who can see that additional links drawer? Example, regular members cannot see that drawer. School members can see that drawer and related links.

Sure, I can add option permission group to see for that part. 👍

Edited by shahed
14 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

Thanks a lot for the latest updates @shahed much appreciated.

Quick question, how do I know the font awesome icons I can use? Is there an URL where I can look the icons up? I am using https://fontawesome.com/icons/play?s=solid&f=sharp 

Do I need to install any other plugins?
Thanks

Hello,

finding FontAwesome class is a bit tricky in Invision, because platform uses a customized and selected version of the font, rather than having entire package. so when you search for icon in fontawesome website, those icons may or may not be in Invision. i think best practice is search css file "fonts.css" in your theme. all available classes are in there. also search marketplace in here... maybe someone added a resource for it.

9 hours ago, kmk said:
  • New setting: Group permission to see for Additional links

I can't see that setting 

Hi,

Plugins > Mobile Navigation settings > Additional links > Who can see additional links

Could contain: Text, Page

Hey there. We have an ips instance where all users must login and only some of those logged in users may use search.. If we could shut it off for guests and/or pick which groups see the nav+/-search we could use this. Do you think this might be an option someday? We'll compensate for the feature! Thanks

Edited by Jaymez
i type like a caveman
12 hours ago, Jaymez said:

Hey there. We have an ips instance where all users must login and only some of those logged in users may use search.. If we could shut it off for guests and/or pick which groups see the nav+/-search we could use this. Do you think this might be an option someday? We'll compensate for the feature! Thanks

Hi,

Sure, search button will honor search permissions in next update. It's not going to be "Who can see this button" in plugin setting, but using global permission that already been set in ACP for who can use search option.

---

Edit: I have checked the code, and search button in mobile navigation already honor search permissions.

If you want disable search for user groups, go to:

ACP > System > Applications > expand System > Search > Permissions

It did work for me, let me know if it is works for you too.

Edited by shahed
After check
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 1:32 AM, shahed said:

Hi,

Sure, search button will honor search permissions in next update. It's not going to be "Who can see this button" in plugin setting, but using global permission that already been set in ACP for who can use search option.

---

Edit: I have checked the code, and search button in mobile navigation already honor search permissions.

If you want disable search for user groups, go to:

ACP > System > Applications > expand System > Search > Permissions

It did work for me, let me know if it is works for you too.

That's great on search! I still have the challenge where users must login to see the nav as well, but it seems this shows to guests, so it is not honoring nav permissions or what is intended by having users login to access the site.

6 hours ago, Jaymez said:

That's great on search! I still have the challenge where users must login to see the nav as well, but it seems this shows to guests, so it is not honoring nav permissions or what is intended by having users login to access the site.

Everyone including registered users or guests can see mobile navigation itself (in phone/tablet). however buttons/links inside of the nav may be restricted. for example login button, only appear to guests. or in the case of search button, it is honoring website permissions. also there is Additional Links section as well, which can be display only to selected groups.

@shahed thanks for your support, I would like to have a next category section for additional link.

Example, I try to set a forum as Bible with topics as different book.

I use an additional link for the forum, now it is possible. But a book contains so many chapters, so I would like clicking on the additional link to open up a drawer where contains links items 1, 2, 3...let say it's sub links of additional link. 

User click on additional link, select number of chapter and open the chapter topic. 

Could contain: Text, Electronics

Could you please add Additional link item translable too? 

Edited by kmk
11 hours ago, kmk said:

@shahed thanks for your support, I would like to have a next category section for additional link.

Example, I try to set a forum as Bible with topics as different book.

I use an additional link for the forum, now it is possible. But a book contains so many chapters, so I would like clicking on the additional link to open up a drawer where contains links items 1, 2, 3...let say it's sub links of additional link. 

User click on additional link, select number of chapter and open the chapter topic. 

Could contain: Text, Electronics

Could you please add Additional link item translable too? 

11 hours ago, kmk said:

Something like this

Could contain: Text, Page, File

I'm not sure if I understood this new category for additional links means, but if you want to make "menu links" in additional links area, you can use IPS guide to do it. with little tweak it is possible to add menu links in there like your screenshot in second post.

For example, you can add this code as a link in additional links area:

<a class='mvnMobileNav_mobileNavMoreLinks' href='#mvnMobileNav1_menu' id='mvnMobileNav1' data-ipsMenu><i class="fa fa-question fa-2x"></i>Menu</a>
<ul id='mvnMobileNav1_menu' class='ipsMenu ipsMenu_auto ipsHide'>
	<li class="ipsMenu_item">
		<a href="#"><i class="fa fa-question"></i> Link 1</a>
	</li>
	<li class="ipsMenu_item">
		<a href="#"><i class="fa fa-question"></i> Link 2</a>
	</li>
</ul>

It is possible to add more menu links with same code, with one change per link... just change the number of those mvnMobileNav1 👍

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol