Mobile Navigation [Support Topic]

Mobile Navigation is a plugin, that add a special phone/tablet navigation at the bottom of Invision website. this navigation will give a look of smart mobile devices applications, for users when browsing website in mobile and have constant access to important links and features. apart from basic buttons, it is possible to add unlimited links as well, through a stylish menu in navigation.

Demo (in phone/tablet)

SC1.jpg.2a7dbb55fc716c5d4cb3b0b5e23c1497.jpg

Please use this Topic for Support request and Ideas

Edited by shahed
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi, want to buy it... But not available for 4.7

And if these items can be hidden? I would like create all functionallity of menu and navigation from page bottom 

Could contain: Text, Person, Human

Hi, IPS 4.7 is not officially released yet and it is in beta. my resources, including Mobile Navigation will receive compatibility update afterward.

About those sections in screenshot, those are belong to other plugins. namely Navigation Toolkit and Quicklinks ... they all demoed in same website.

Edited by shahed
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently upgraded to 4.7 and noticed that your dropdown menu plugin now says that it isn't compatible with 4.7, however, it appears to be functioning in 4.7, so perhaps IPB automatically flags all plugins as non-compatible until the author checks off that their plugin is compatible?

In any case, do you know when the existing version will be marked as compatible, or an updated version will be available?

5 hours ago, sadams101 said:

I recently upgraded to 4.7 and noticed that your dropdown menu plugin now says that it isn't compatible with 4.7, however, it appears to be functioning in 4.7, so perhaps IPB automatically flags all plugins as non-compatible until the author checks off that their plugin is compatible?

In any case, do you know when the existing version will be marked as compatible, or an updated version will be available?

No, it is not automatic. but yes, almost all of my resources are compatible even by current versions with IPS 4.7...

Nonetheless, I have recently submitted updated versions/marked as compatible of all of my resources, and they are awaiting for approval. Including Mobile Navigation.

• 3 weeks later...

@shahedTrust you are doing well. I wanted to buy the plugin but first I wanted to ask whether the style (colour) and shape of the buttons for the extra links can be changed. They don't look very good, see attachment. Font size, font type and button shape/size. Can they be changed? I can't see that in the options shared in the screenshots.

Could contain: Text

38 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

@shahedTrust you are doing well. I wanted to buy the plugin but first I wanted to ask whether the style (colour) and shape of the buttons for the extra links can be changed. They don't look very good, see attachment. Font size, font type and button shape/size. Can they be changed? I can't see that in the options shared in the screenshots.

Hi,

This plugin currently under some updates to add some new features, like color options, custom links in main area and also change the way of work, about those additional links. currently (in Dev) is looks like this, which is identical to links in the main area in term of style, but a bit bigger. Not sure how exactly you want their shape/size, but suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by shahed
Just now, shahed said:

Hi,

This plugin currently under some updates to add some new feature, like color options, custom links in main area and also change the way of work, about those additional links. currently is looks like this, which is identical to links in the main area in term of style, but a bit bigger. Not sure how exactly you want their shape/size, but suggestions are appreciated.

That's awesome. That's a huge improvement over what I saw in the screenshots. It looks perfect to me now if we can choose the icons, colours and style. Will this version be released soon? Thanks

Just now, OptimusBain said:

That's awesome. That's a huge improvement over what I saw in the screenshots. It looks perfect to me now if we can choose the icons, colours and style. Will this version be released soon? Thanks

For adding additional links, currently it is only possible to give the plugin a URL and Title for each link. this will change in next update. which make it possible to give every link, it's distinct font Icon, size, color... and it also to some extend for main area links as well. I don't have any ETA for release but yes, it will be soon. 👍

4 minutes ago, shahed said:

For adding additional links, currently it is only possible to give the plugin a URL and Title for each link. this will change in next update. which make it possible to give every link, it's distinct font Icon, size, color... and it also to some extend for main area links as well. I don't have any ETA for release but yes, it will be soon. 👍

Thanks so much. I will buy it later and wait for the next update. Thanks a lot.

@shahed Sorry to bother you again. I just purchased the plugin. I installed it but I can't see how I can change the default icons and links in the mobile toolbar.

I can see:

• Home
  • Latest
  • Create
  • Search
  • and the hamburger list

I don't want ANY of them down there. I just want to be able to add my own links, my own five items, not the default ones 😞 Isn't that possible?

I had to disable it because I can't see how to edit the default links/icons 😞 😞 😞 I can only add new ones, not edit the existing ones. Need your help.

I don't want to add more links, I just want to add 4-5 important ones instead of the ones available by added. 

If that's not possible, I would kindly request a refund. I want a simple mobile navigation, but I just can't edit the exiting items 😞 😞 😞

Could contain: Text, Page, Text Message

Edited by OptimusBain
19 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

So do these scroll so you can add a whole bunch of items?

Link to demo not working by the way

Basically it is swipe when user work with this in mobile/tablet. but yes, it is scrollable and can add unlimited links in it. in next update there will be style option to display these link as swipe/scroll or show all. 👍

Could contain: Number, Text, Symbol, Plant

About demo link, I have updated this in resource page in marketplace, here but unfortunately I can't edit my posts. seems permissions for this are not granted anymore.

10 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

@shahed Sorry to bother you again. I just purchased the plugin. I installed it but I can't see how I can change the default icons and links in the mobile toolbar.

I can see:

• Home
  • Latest
  • Create
  • Search
  • and the hamburger list

I don't want ANY of them down there. I just want to be able to add my own links, my own five items, not the default ones 😞 Isn't that possible?

I had to disable it because I can't see how to edit the default links/icons 😞 😞 😞 I can only add new ones, not edit the existing ones. Need your help.

I don't want to add more links, I just want to add 4-5 important ones instead of the ones available by added. 

If that's not possible, I would kindly request a refund. I want a simple mobile navigation, but I just can't edit the exiting items 😞 😞 😞

Could contain: Text, Page, Text Message

Thanks for purchase.

As I said in previous posts, current version have limited options regarding links, but all sort of customization will be added in next update. those you asked in previous posts and also in this post are also implemented.

Regardless of this, if you want refund please send me PM. there will be no problem. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

@shahed I just updated the new Mobile Navigation plugin updated for 4.7 with the new features, but I still have the same problem 😞 😞 I cannot edit the main links in the main navigation with the links to custom areas on my community. I am still forced to use the ones included.

The thing is that I see it's possible to dd alternative link URLs, but it's only possible when the link is disabled 😞 I don't understand how it works, I see it as counter-intuitive.

Could contain: Text, Page, Document

I want to have only 5 icons, the main ones. I want them to link to 5 specific areas on my community. Is that possible? If so, how would I accomplish that? I don't want to use the additional links icon row, just the main one.

Thanks

1 hour ago, OptimusBain said:

@shahed I just updated the new Mobile Navigation plugin updated for 4.7 with the new features, but I still have the same problem 😞 😞 I cannot edit the main links in the main navigation with the links to custom areas on my community. I am still forced to use the ones included.

The thing is that I see it's possible to dd alternative link URLs, but it's only possible when the link is disabled 😞 I don't understand how it works, I see it as counter-intuitive.

Could contain: Text, Page, Document

I want to have only 5 icons, the main ones. I want them to link to 5 specific areas on my community. Is that possible? If so, how would I accomplish that? I don't want to use the additional links icon row, just the main one.

Thanks

Hi,

As you mentioned, the new update for this plugin is now available. and with that, you can have any other links to display as default ones in main navigation as well.

here the default links and arrangements for plugin:

Could contain: Text, Page

and here the totally customized links in their stead.

Could contain: Text, Page, Number, Symbol, Word

To make customization is simple and not sure how you forced to still use default links. for example, when you deactivate default link 1 (or Home link), you see new options being shown to display alternative link. like in the screenshot that you send. Title, Link and a FontAwesome class. new alternative link will be replace to default one.

Such options exist for every other link so as I posted last screenshot, I have totally different links and icons in main area.

33 minutes ago, shahed said:

Hi,

As you mentioned, the new update for this plugin is now available. and with that, you can have any other links to display as default ones in main navigation as well.

here the default links and arrangements for plugin:

and here the totally customized links in their stead.

Could contain: Text, Page, Number, Symbol, Word

To make customization is simple and not sure how you forced to still use default links. for example, when you deactivate default link 1 (or Home link), you see new options being shown to display alternative link. like in the screenshot that you send. Title, Link and a FontAwesome class. new alternative link will be replace to default one.

Such options exist for every other link so as I posted last screenshot, I have totally different links and icons in main area.

Let me work on it and I will let you know. Thanks a lot.

@shahed I tried to add a couple of custom links. it seems that it works.

The problem I am having now is the height of the menu navigation. I mean, is there a way to change how heigh/wide it is? I tried to add this text "Hot Ideas" and it won't fit. It will be displayed in two lines and the second line won't be seen on my mobile, it will be cut in half. 

1. Is there a way to have two lines in each button and display it correctly?
  2. Is there a way to change the height of the button layer?

See attachment. I can't see the two words.

Could contain: Text, Symbol

32 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

@shahed I tried to add a couple of custom links. it seems that it works.

The problem I am having now is the height of the menu navigation. I mean, is there a way to change how heigh/wide it is? I tried to add this text "Hot Ideas" and it won't fit. It will be displayed in two lines and the second line won't be seen on my mobile, it will be cut in half. 

1. Is there a way to have two lines in each button and display it correctly?
  2. Is there a way to change the height of the button layer?

See attachment. I can't see the two words.

Could contain: Text, Symbol

No, as of now there is no option for height of main navigation. not a fan of having 2 line buttons in mobile view, but I think with option for height, it's possible to have multi-line titles as well. it will be add in next update 👍

As of now, you can add this classes in your custom.css

.mvnMobileNav_mobileContents {
  height: 60px !important;
}
.mvnMobileNav_mobileNavBcolor {
  bottom: calc(60px + 10px) !important;
}

You can change those 60px to higher numbers if that is needed.

Edited by shahed
1 minute ago, shahed said:

No, as of now there is no option for height of main navigation. not a fan of having 2 line buttons in mobile view, but I think with option for height, it's possible to have multi-line titles as well. it will be add in next update 👍

As of now, you can add this classes in your custom.css

.mvnMobileNav_mobileContents {
  height: 60px !important;
}
.mvnMobileNav_mobileNavBcolor {
  bottom: calc(60px + 10px) !important;
}

You can change those 60px to higher numbers if that is needed.

I will try that. Thanks so much for your prompt reply. Much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, recently purchased

1. But due the buttom menu already sticked on screen, I would like disable the logo header sticky functionality.

2. I have the hamburguer and ips default navbar hidden, but after that we need place the logo more centered, right now it just left side and right side white space.

29 minutes ago, kmk said:

Hi, recently purchased

1. But due the buttom menu already sticked on screen, I would like disable the logo header sticky functionality.

Hi, thanks for the purchase.

Plugin, effects on a new bottom navigation for mobile view and won't make header section sticky. it is unrelated so there is no such functionality that could be disable or enable.

If your header section are sticky, it could be effect of another plugin/app or a custom theme, which should be disable through them. Mobile Navigation on it's own won't make logo header sticky.

29 minutes ago, kmk said:

2. I have the hamburguer and ips default navbar hidden, but after that we need place the logo more centered, right now it just left side and right side white space.

Yes, Mobile Navigation plugin basically have the features of those two, so in order to user won't see two same thing with different design, there are options for hiding hamburguer and ips default navbar. but when they are hide, they don't exist so how is related to logo section?

Can you provide a link to these? my image is your website must have various customize parts other than this.

Edited by shahed

Hi , I have ti tested again, it seem problem of Forum-Add on, I already send help request to that developer.

There available to translate the title of the links? it must needed because today communities almost multilingual group of people