CKEditor does not show the Link button

Hi,

since a while it seem that the link button is no longer shown in the editor toolbar. I do not see what I made wrong - especially since I did not touched the settings and just updated all updates when the information appeared.

Christian

Please try disabling all 3rd-party items, including any Theme that has been edited/customized in any way, then on the front end using an unedited Theme, open the reply box and perform a hard refresh (CTRL-F5 on PC, CMD-Shift-R on Mac).

Reopen the reply box. Is the icon now showing or still missing?

Adriano Faria: OMG, many thanks this is the reason. My Admin account is not a members account, so the icon is not shown. I technically had no secondary group as moderator. I changed the second group to a moderator and no I see the link. Our links are set to moderated because of the tremendous amount of spam we receive, even if the spam prevention is activated.

Is there something to allow users adding links, even in this case?

Christian

I think I found the responsible function located under system/text/parser.php

public static function canUse( \IPS\Member $member, $key, $area )

If our forum would not be that highly frequented I would simply add some debug code, see what happen and try to write some patch. Anyhow I dislike the idea to lend a hand on the code. I probably create a local copy of our board and play with source.

Adriano. thanks again for pinpointing to the problem. It saved me some gray hairs since I literarily groped in the dark in this case.

Christian