Parse/display post different when topic summary enabled ?

Hi,

I use the application Advanced Regexp from @DawPi and when topic summary is enabled on sidebar (only, it's OK on bottom), links are not rewritten on the first page of the topic (it's ok for others pages).

That is very weird. Is their any difference in the parsing page process with this summary feature ?

12 minutes ago, Li3D said:

The plugin rewrite links just before display excepted when I enable topic summary on sidebar.

I'm afraid, that would indicate that you would need to work with the author to resolve this. It is the plugin which is attempting to accomplish something for you which the core software does not do so you would need to work with the plugin author.

My question is : "is there any difference in the post content processing when topic summary is enabled" ?

Because the plugin works well until I enable this option (only on sidebar mode).

Just now, Li3D said:

My question is : "is there any difference in the post content processing when topic summary is enabled" ?

Because the plugin works well until I enable this option (only on sidebar mode).

Sorry, the author would need to assist you with any questions regarding their plugin. Customizations would be outside our scope of support.

5 minutes ago, Li3D said:

Why you can't just answer if the core handle post content in a different way ?

Sorry, customization requests and anything associated with those would be outside our scope of support so asking about those that are processed are beyond our support. 

Please be advised I have moved your topic to our community support forum so you may get customization advice from a peer developer.

I believe you are talking about the popular posts that appear at the bottom of the topic summary in the sidebar?

If so the problem is this code:

<p class='ipsMargin:none ipsMargin_top:half ipsType_medium ipsType_richText' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='3 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'>
	{$data['comment']->truncated(true, 200)}
</p>

The truncated() function calls strip_tags() and removes any HTML except line breaks. Even if Dawpi's code replaces the text with links they are then stripped from it when strip_tags() is called.

Edited by teraßyte

On 5/26/2022 at 4:12 AM, teraßyte said:

I believe you are talking about the popular posts that appear at the bottom of the topic summary in the sidebar?

Nope, he meant main posts content. That part I'm aware of. 😉 We have problem with posts in the main section (replies).

Thanks anyway!