Is this right?

Go to solution Solved by teraßyte,

Yep, as mentioned by Terabyte (who is faster than me this week at answering this week 🙂 ), the flag is driven by the locale and the locales are fed from your server. If you do not see your locale in the list there, you would need to work with your hosting provider or server administrator to have it installed.

On 5/22/2022 at 2:02 PM, teraßyte said:

Looks like your server has only English locales available. Contact your hosting and ask them to add more of them. Specifically the ones you need for your language packs.

On 5/22/2022 at 2:19 PM, Jim M said:

Yep, as mentioned by Terabyte (who is faster than me this week at answering this week 🙂 ), the flag is driven by the locale and the locales are fed from your server. If you do not see your locale in the list there, you would need to work with your hosting provider or server administrator to have it installed.

Thats the answer i got from my hoster:

"This looks like something that needs to be done in the software itself, probably some extra files from the installation must be uploaded.

Unfortunately this is not something we do because we only manage the server itself and the monitoring and not the application(s)."

Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, Primarius said:

Thats the answer i got from my hoster:

"This looks like something that needs to be done in the software itself, probably some extra files from the installation must be uploaded."

Are you by chance on Windows Server? On Windows Server the drop-down list of available locales could be limited but that does not mean that a specific locale is not supported out-of-box. For example, on my Windows Server 2019 the list contains only some very exotic languages, not even English, but standard languages are supported.

In this case you need to select "My locale is not listed" and then input a Windows Server short code (separately for each language pack). For example, for Russian langpack that would be rus. After you apply the setting .UTF-8 suffix should be automatically added to the locale code.

Edited by Luuuk

On 5/23/2022 at 4:04 PM, teraßyte said:

Change hosting? 😋

Jokes aside, that is not something that needs to be done in the software itself but at the server level. Here's a link I just found with a google search: https://serverpilot.io/docs/how-to-install-locales/

Maybe if you provide that link to your hosting they'll understand better what the issue is?

that one helped us out ❤️ thanks!