Zapier Trigger (Visible Only)

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

Thank you. Could you also put in a suggestion to include a new option to include the description but in raw text? This may just be ignorance on my part but the only option I see includes markup which webhooks don't seem to like. I do see a description required property as well but that's almost always empty.

Edited by Daddy

8 minutes ago, Daddy said:

but the only option I see includes markup which webhooks don't seem to like. I do see a description required property as well but that's almost always empty.

Could you explain this further?

Are you actually talking about version upgrades and not files?
Files have a description, but it's required , while version upgrades have a none mandatory description.

5 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Could you explain this further?

Are you actually talking about version upgrades and not files?
Files have a description, but it's required , while version upgrades have a none mandatory description.

For the new files trigger there's 2 properties for description. One called "Description" and another called "Description required"

"Description" provides the full description including markup which can't be used through a webhook (to my knowledge) and "Description Required" which seems to be a concatenated version of the description but it's almost always empty.

Edited by Daddy

On 4/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, Daddy said:

For the new files trigger there's 2 properties for description. One called "Description" and another called "Description required"

"Description" provides the full description including markup which can't be used through a webhook (to my knowledge) and "Description Required" which seems to be a concatenated version of the description but it's almost always empty.

This is the only description field which I see:CleanShot 2022-04-20 at 14.47.40@2x.png

33 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Weird. But anyways, can we get another one that's stripped? You can't send that through a webhook with markup like that

Why wouldn't you be able to use it as webhook?

This is the Zap:CleanShot 2022-04-20 at 15.34.33@2x.png

Which results in following request:

CleanShot 2022-04-20 at 15.34.11@2x.png

That said, you can also always use an extra step to remove the formatting via the Zapier formatter.

CleanShot 2022-04-20 at 15.38.30@2x.png

• 2 months later...