Seeing "Template forums/front/forums/forumDisplay is throwing an error." message on my forums

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

After working with my hosting provider to resolve a recent error, I'm now seeing the following when I try to view a subforum on my site:

[[Template forums/front/forums/forumDisplay is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unfortunately, when I try to login to my ACP, I see the exact same error.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please try using recovery mode in order to regain access to the admin CP. You can then take a look at the error message being logged in your system logs

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have helped. I updated the constants.php file:

image.thumb.png.d6e1b5ecef8bde7255473d9734ca732f.png

But when I log into the ACP I still see this:

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

This usually leaves an entry in the logs. Have you checked?

If you mean the error_log file in my forum's install directory, I see this error a whole bunch, with only one entry being from today:

[17-Feb-2022 22:04:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/home/bzpower/public_html/board/datastore/acpNotifications.efd9349778.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/system/Data/Store/FileSystem.php on line 105
[18-Feb-2022 11:53:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/home/bzpower/public_html/board/datastore/acpNotifications.efd9349778.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/system/Data/Store/FileSystem.php on line 105

If there's another place I should look, please let me know. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I see the issue there appears to have been related to disk space. My colleague is working with you to resolve some related issues, but it would be advisable to ensure you monitor your disk space and ensure you have the space to expand when needed. Of course if this is something you would rather us take care of, we do have a cloud solution which may be easier for you to manage. Feel free to let us know if thats something you may be interested in.

7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I see the issue there appears to have been related to disk space. My colleague is working with you to resolve some related issues, but it would be advisable to ensure you monitor your disk space and ensure you have the space to expand when needed. Of course if this is something you would rather us take care of, we do have a cloud solution which may be easier for you to manage. Feel free to let us know if thats something you may be interested in.

Nope, nothing related to disk space directly. That's just the problem when your database is large and you're asked to make copies and backups of it while troubleshooting. Appreciate your reply and I hope Dan can get my site working after two weeks of downtime!

16 hours ago, Black Six said:

Nope, nothing related to disk space directly. That's just the problem when your database is large and you're asked to make copies and backups of it while troubleshooting. Appreciate your reply and I hope Dan can get my site working after two weeks of downtime!

To clarify here, this is actually related to missing tables, which was very likely caused by the disk space. While your database is larger than it should be, it would not directly cause issues on your site. We have sites using the software with much much larger sets of data.

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

To clarify here, this is actually related to missing tables, which was very likely caused by the disk space. While your database is larger than it should be, it would not directly cause issues on your site. We have sites using the software with much much larger sets of data.

I highly doubt the missing tables were caused by disk space. I had been actively working earlier this year to clean up my server to ensure I had plenty of available disk space (see this topic). Based on the reply there, I didn't really touch anything on my forums other than the 'orig' tables that Jim mentioned and instead focused on other parts of my site. The server ran out of disk space because after this problem started I was having issues restoring the missing tables from backups so my hosting provider made a copy of the entire database as a troubleshooting step, which allowed us to restore some of the tables. Thankfully Dan has been super helpful in getting the other tables recreated so the site can get up and running again.