Zapier Adsense and hidden records

Go to solution Solved by Dll,

We use zapier to share records from a database to fb.

The trigger we setup is "visible only"  but even though the record posted as hidden zapier

catches it and share it on fb.

In a different database when we post a hidden record adsense can "see it" and returns us

error "Crawler: Page not found" .

Of course guests in both cases can`t see the hidden records.

Is that behavior proper ??

Thanks

3 hours ago, Jirinex said:

We use zapier to share records from a database to fb.

The trigger we setup is "visible only"  but even though the record posted as hidden zapier

I have tested the same Zap: visible only, new records -> post to Facebook. It works for me as desired. Hidden records are not posted. They are even not posted if set to be published in future 😄

• Solution

I assume you have an AdSense ad on the page with the records on? If that is the case, that's how AdSense can 'see' it, because the ad will be loading when a member views the page. That being the case, the error it gives would then prove all is working well, as its crawler (which views the page as a guest) can't see it.

@Dll

ads are on  almost everywear.

The new page record posted as hidden and adsense has guest permissions.

How it is possible for adsense to crawl a page that it never seen and place ads  ??

In every community there are hidden forum categories for example for moderators.

Ads appear on them without any error.

Why there is different behavior in hidden record??

Sorry but I think that your post it is not the solution to my asking.

2 hours ago, Jirinex said:

@Dll

ads are on  almost everywear.

The new page record posted as hidden and adsense has guest permissions.

How it is possible for adsense to crawl a page that it never seen and place ads  ??

In every community there are hidden forum categories for example for moderators.

Ads appear on them without any error.

Why there is different behavior in hidden record??

Sorry but I think that your post it is not the solution to my asking.

If there are ads on a page, the ad script is still called to request the ad from the server from your users who can view the page. If Guests do not have access to the page, the bot cannot gain access to see the page thus will throw the error you see.