How to get more ranks and badges icon?

Gauravk
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

We recently updated to 4.6.10 and didn't let upgrade handle the ranks and badges as we run custom groups and ranks.

But we are interested now in using achievement with ranks and badges and only found 4 badges icon in the backend.

How do we get more ranks & badges icon shown in achievement blog?

image.png.334abd3d81f87d2c504826478d3153ff.png

image.png.6dfb69ea54aca27f5d97922d3c5a54ae.png

Edited by Gauravk

• Solution

Glad to hear you like the achievements system. You can indeed re-add the defaults if you wish, even after upgrading. If you look in the following folder on your server, you will see the 3 xml files which are used to add these. You can use these files with the import button in the relevant areas. Of course, import ranks and badges before you import the rules

\applications\core\data\achievements

Once you have done that and made any adjustments you would like to make, you can then use the rebuild button to rebuild for all members on your site

Hope that answers your question, but please feel free to shout up if you have any further questions on these

On 2/10/2022 at 3:37 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Glad to hear you like the achievements system. You can indeed re-add the defaults if you wish, even after upgrading. If you look in the following folder on your server, you will see the 3 xml files which are used to add these. You can use these files with the import button in the relevant areas. Of course, import ranks and badges before you import the rules

Once you have done that and made any adjustments you would like to make, you can then use the rebuild button to rebuild for all members on your site

Hope that answers your question, but please feel free to shout up if you have any further questions on these

This didn't work for us, we only have the default 4 in the badges.xml file. Is there another way to get these back?

EDIT: it seems some of the defaults come from re-importing the rules themselves actually.

Edited by catbreadbat

14 hours ago, catbreadbat said:

This didn't work for us, we only have the default 4 in the badges.xml file. Is there another way to get these back?

EDIT: it seems some of the defaults come from re-importing the rules themselves actually.

Glad you were able to get them imported. Can I confirm that you're all set?

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 2:37 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

\applications\core\data\achievements i do not see this in my admin cp or am i looking in wrong place?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 12:13 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

As a self hosted customer, you would indeed have access to those. You can download the latest release from your client and it is in that location within the download

would you happen to know precsely wha tit is called in the download or where it can be found?

6 minutes ago, AlphaWulfx said:

would you happen to know precsely wha tit is called in the download or where it can be found?

On 2/10/2022 at 4:37 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Please see the quoted reply from my colleague which is the solution to this topic. There are 3 xml files in that directory. Each would be named to the corresponding item (badges, ranks, and rules).

38 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please see the quoted reply from my colleague which is the solution to this topic. There are 3 xml files in that directory. Each would be named to the corresponding item (badges, ranks, and rules).

Sorry one more  question before i hit htat rebuild button?

Will it give the points back to people already earned or complete reset?

Just now, AlphaWulfx said:

Sorry one more  question before i hit htat rebuild button?

Will it give the points back to people already earned or complete reset?

It will reset then rebuild to the rules which you have in place with the content, actions, etc... which are present. I.E. if I had a rule previously of 100 posts get 1 point and I still have that rule and data present then users who meet that will get that point again. However, if a rule or data is no longer present, the user would not be attributed it.