Image comments doesn’t show up in activity streams

Comments made on images in my gallery doesn’t show up in any of the activity streams. Comments I’ve made myself show up in the “My Content” stream, but not in “All Activity”, while comments made by others doesn’t show up at all, unless I already follow the image or gallery.

Is this intended behavior or have I forgotten to enable something?

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I can of course take a look at the all activity one. Could you could you give me a link to your own stream you have set up so I can take a look at that also?

I haven’t made any custom streams, I only use the default ones.

If I make a new stream and choose “Content items, comments, and reviews” under “Show me”, then I don’t see any image comments. However, if I choose “Content items only”, then my own image comments show up.

Let me know if you need to visit my AdminCP, as I think your admin user is currently disabled.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please update all access details on file. I am unable to replicate this on my own instance, so need to take a look for you

Your access to the AdminCP is now enabled.

Edited by Runar

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could I just ask you to update to 4.6.10 and test this again first of all. If it does need to be escalated, we would want to ensure you are running the latest release in any case

I was unable to replicate the issue on my local installation running the same version (4.6.9), so I’ll try upgrading both installations and see if the fixes related to Elasticsearch or streams help.

I thought the issue could be related to Elasticsearch being outdated, but after updating the community to 4.6.10 and Elasticsearch to 7.17.0, I am disappointed to see the issue is still there.

Comments made on albums show up in the streams, but not comments made on single images. I can’t see anything in Elasticsearch’s logs indicating something wrong.

Should I try rebuilding the search index?

Edit: Image comments show up if I set “Show me” to “Content items only”, but they show as I posted the image, not made a comment.

Edited by Runar

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I see Daniel managed to get that sorted for you. Please let us know if you have any further issues of course

The issue is not yet fixed, unless you know something I don’t. Daniel has been really helpful, but as far as I know he’s still working on finding the issue and a solution. I’ll mark the solution when the issue is fixed, hopefully in not too long.

14 hours ago, Runar said:

The issue is not yet fixed, unless you know something I don’t. Daniel has been really helpful, but as far as I know he’s still working on finding the issue and a solution. I’ll mark the solution when the issue is fixed, hopefully in not too long.

Ah, my apologies. I had got that mixed with the other issue he found for you while looking. Hope you get to the bottom of the issues 🙂 

12 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Hope you get to the bottom of the issues 🙂 

Daniel found some interesting things earlier this week, so hopefully the solution is not too far away! 🙂

I’ve already mentioned this to him, but I’ll repeat it here in case someone else has the same issues: I managed to replicate the issue on a local installation, so to me it seems the issue should exist for everyone (or at least more than just me) using Elasticsearch and the Gallery. I don’t know if it affects earlier versions of Invision Community, though, as I only started using the Gallery with version 4.6.9.