Pages Templates “Revert” button

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

When working with theme templates, there is a Revert button. When we click it, we get a warning and we can safely restore the stock template. 

When working with Pages templates (Pages → Templates) a Revert button exists in the same spot, yet, behaves completely different. It actually DELETES the template, even without warning, potentially making the entire template set unusable with no way to add the missing template back to the template set. 

928484727_Bildschirmfoto2022-01-21um08_36_28.png.752bff58782d9ae4d8607e9d591f6188.png

To replicate:

• create a Pages database template (e.g. Record template)
  • edit a template (e.g. Record → Record)
  • it actually shows a delete button now and the template is marked with an orange “C” instead of a green “I” (what do those stand for by the way?)
  • now leave the template section and come back
  • now the same template will be shown with a red M and the “revert” button appears, calling an “?do=delete“ action. 

To sum up the bug report: 

• The Revert button should get the correct label “Delete” and and a warning dialog explaining that deleting a template could permanently damage a template set.

Feature request: 

• Having an actual Revert button for a template in a template set would be welcome. I can create an entire template set at any time. Why can’t I revert a modified template back to the unmodified state, just as with theme templates?
Edited by opentype

Please feel free to post up the suggestion part within our suggestions area

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

• 1 month later...