I followed the info in the guide to get my keys and link the site to Twitter.

I went to my profile to link my account to my twitter account, but get this error:

image.thumb.png.968efdba27addc87b905012a5d613f50.png

Error log says:

4C375/1EXPECTED_KEY_NOT_PRESENT

System log is similar:

DATE/TIMETYPEMESSAGE 

01/17/2022 09:07 AMt witter_promoteRuntimeException (0) EXPECTED_KEY_NOT_PRESENT

Twitter is enable as a log in option.

How can I link my account to Twitter so I can promote posts?

Thank you

For anyone else looking at this, the solution at the present time, due to changes at twitter, would be below

Twitter have changed how their APIs work and how you can get access to them. At this time, we use the v1 API which they now (for new Twitter developer accounts/projects) put behind an 'Elevated access' system. To use these APIs you need to apply for for access.

The error message says:

You currently have Essential access which includes access to Twitter API v2 endpoints only. If you need access to this endpoint, you’ll need to apply for Elevated access via the Developer Portal. You can learn more here: https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/getting-started/about-twitter-api#v2-access-leve

We've opened a bug report to look at moving to the v2 endpoints, but I'm afraid it isn't a quick fix. You may be able to apply for elevated access on the premise that the software you use isn't yet updated for the v2 endpoints, but it is something we're evaluating.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

So that is the only solution for Twitter now?  Have the guideline documents been updated to help users navigate this?  If yes, please provide a link.

Thanks

Not at present, no. They are on our list. However it does need to be noted that those guides will simply be to state you need to apply for permission to twitter. So there would be little more than here

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

This bug was reported in January.  It looks like next months release still will not include a fix.

Aside from the standard, we never say when we'll fix things, can I get an estimate on when it will be fixed?  4+ months seems unreasonable.

There is no "fix" needed here. Its actually a change to a new API, and is therefore, as mentioned originally, not a quick fix. This is something new that needs to be written, not just a bug fix. However there is nothing that is broken. You simply need to request the permission from twitter

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

However there is nothing that is broken. You simply need to request the permission from twitter

I respectfully disagree.  If you follow the instructions on this site, which I did, it does not work.

I applied for Elevated access, I have not heard back.  I presume I was denied.  Also, you're assuming that will work, you do not have evidence it will.

At this point I'll assume it will not be fixed and will move on.

Thanks anyhow.

9 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I respectfully disagree.  If you follow the instructions on this site, which I did, it does not work.

I applied for Elevated access, I have not heard back.  I presume I was denied.  Also, you're assuming that will work, you do not have evidence it will.

Thanks anyhow.

Hey @Square Wheels, I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. My community is on our latest version. I just signed out and back in using Twitter and it worked. It's indeed still possible. 😊 

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 7.05.13 AM.png

24 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks anyhow.

The guides I have on my list to update, which I have already stated previously. However it would only be to tell you to do what you have already done in requesting the access. We have no control in any way over whether or not they accept. Unfortunately, thats simply the situation we are in at present