(NE) Translate

2 minutes ago, Edjazoli said:

Have you added polls for translation?upsss-sorry for asking

As previously stated...

4 minutes ago, Edjazoli said:

and fix with “single answer translation”  that is not available for guests if no reaction given to the post?

As mentioned before, as with the 'Translate this topic' option - the current areas are not always visible and I am not going to continue trying to kludge things for the existing locations, because I can't guarantee how it may affect other plugins/applications. I have added the 'Positioning' options so that you can choose a different location for the menus.

How I can remove those dots? I removed  bottom empty <li></li> but the one next to translate still there?

832792240_Screenshot2022-02-22at19_50_30.png.9cf8d39cf49427633e9c4d6bba6c77b0.png

</li>
                {{foreach $allowedLanguages as $k => $v}}
                <li class='ipsMenu_item' data-ipsMenuValue='{$v}'>
                    <a id='neappTranslateMenu{$unique}{$comment->$idField}_menu_{$v}' class='neappTranslate' href='#' data-neappTranslateHref='{$comment->url('translate')->setQueryString(array('do'=>$do,'translateTarget'=>$v,'title'=>$translateTitle))}'>{$languages[$v]}</a>
                </li>
                {{endforeach}}
            </ul>
        </li>
<li> </li>

Edited by Edjazoli

Just purchased this and trying to get it setup... I'm trying to get an API key, but just noticed that Google charges for this feature (unless I'm missing something). For anyone using this; what has been your costs for using this addon? Not quite sure if it's going to be worth it for me to continue with this one.

Edited by Circo

Yes, Google charges for most of their Cloud APIs - their pricing specifically for Translation API is here: https://cloud.google.com/translate/pricing The API used by this application is the 'Basic' API.

9 minutes ago, Circo said:

Not quite sure if it's going to be worth it for me to continue with this one.

Use the DeepL API instead, and sign up for the free version to start off with - 500,000 characters a month, free.

In the MP listing, I'm going to expand the already provided information about the APIs used to clearly indicate that there are potential costs involved - providing the existing links is obviously not enough)

Edited by Nathan Explosion
4 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Yes, Google charges for most of their Cloud APIs - their pricing specifically for Translation API is here: https://cloud.google.com/translate/pricing The API used by this application is the 'Basic' API.

Use the DeepL API instead, and sign up for the free version to start off with - 500,000 characters a month, free.

Thanks. I went ahead and setup using DeepL for now. 

Just now, Circo said:

Thanks. I went ahead and setup using DeepL for now. 

Cool - keep an eye on https://www.deepl.com/pro-account/usage to see how you are doing on the character usage - and remember, I've built in caching on this one so that each item that is translated is done once and then subsequent requests by users are pulled from the database instead.

• 1 month later...

What language is it? I think Polish.

You'll notice that there is translation being done - look at the English content in the quote changing.

Anyway, similar situation to this one:

There is more English content in the post (it's in the quote) than there is Polish, so the API detects it as English. Not really much I can do about that, but I'll keep it in mind next time I do some work on the application.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Claudia999 said:

will your app be 4.7 ready?

Will the app be marked as compatible with IPS 4.7? Yes, at some point - it's not just going to be a compatibility update but will include some additional features (no comment at this time on what those are)

7 minutes ago, Claudia999 said:

And is it possible to translate only Pages "things" and not forums or other things?

This is from the description content of the listing:

On 12/13/2021 at 6:02 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Here's what it does do...

• Shows a 'Translate' link/menu below the content in Forum/Calendar/Pages* (support for other applications may be added depending on popularity of this application)
    • * "Pages" will require a manual action by the admin to add something to the 'Display' template(s) for their database.

As you can see, it supports:

• Forums (so topics/posts)
  • Caledar (so events/comments/reviews)
  • Pages (so database records/comments/reviews.

If you don't want it enabled in Forums, then don't enable it - if you just want to use it in Pages databases, then go ahead.

Also, please define what you mean by Pages "things" so that I can clarify my answer further, if necessary.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:45 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Will the app be marked as compatible with IPS 4.7? Yes, at some point - it's not just going to be a compatibility update but will include some additional features (no comment at this time on what those are)

We are also waiting for adaptation to the IPS 4.7, after the release of the new version we will buy this addon.

Can you give an approximate release time?

• 1 month later...

Hi @Nathan Explosion after installing   new version of IPS I have this error while editing posts  

After the error display I can still go back and after refreshing page the topic/subject is edited?

Check vid here https://we.tl/t-SRdMnkh2A5

Error: Class "IPS\cms\Databases\Dispatcher" not found (0)
#0 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(13): IPS\neapptranslate\_NeappTranslate::cacheBuster()
#1 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(677): IPS\Content\neapptranslate_hook_code_content_item->processAfterEdit()
#2 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\forums\_Topic->processAfterEdit()
#3 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(675): IPS\forums\neapptranslate_hook_code_forums_topic->processAfterEdit()
#4 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->edit()
#5 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#8 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

@Edjazoli moving your report to the support topic

As per the listing of the app, it is not currently marked compatible with IPS 4.7 - I'll take a look into this issue later in the week

Hi @Nathan Explosion after instalujmy  new version of IPS I have this error while editing posts  

After the error display I can still go back and after refreshing page the topic/subject is edited?

Check vid here https://we.tl/t-SRdMnkh2A5

Error: Class "IPS\cms\Databases\Dispatcher" not found (0)
#0 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(13): IPS\neapptranslate\_NeappTranslate::cacheBuster()
#1 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(677): IPS\Content\neapptranslate_hook_code_content_item->processAfterEdit()
#2 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\forums\_Topic->processAfterEdit()
#3 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(675): IPS\forums\neapptranslate_hook_code_forums_topic->processAfterEdit()
#4 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->edit()
#5 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#8 /home/host448960/domains/xbox-vibes.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

@Edjazoli

Got a few minutes here to do some testing - not finding any issues on my side, can't reproduce the issue.

However, on your site the translation functionality isn't working either. So...

1. "after installing new version of IPS" - when did you update, and what were you on prior to that update?
  2. What exact version of PHP are you running?

Yes, I can see that now, it’s showing me and API communication lost, as well I realised I can’t edit someone else’s topics and reply’s. 
Could contain: Person, Human, Text, Face, Id Cards, Document

I’m currently on PHP 8.1- I will change to 8.0 in the meantime…

I have change to IPS 4.7.1 and I was on 4.7 before but as it was such a quick change I’m not sure it the error was existing in 4.7? Definitely was ok in 4.6 

Edited by Edjazoli
5 minutes ago, Edjazoli said:

I’m currently on PHP 8.2

That's not even supported with IPS 4.7 (unless I've missed something, which I doubt) and I'm not even sure if it has been officially released yet (last I saw it was a Beta)

You would be best dropping back to one of either 7.4.x, 8.0.x or 8.1.x (as IPS 4.7 introduced support for PHP 8.1.x)

I'm not doubting that my app is the problem here - I'm indicating that I can't reproduce your issue, so I'm gathering information from you to assist further.

Do you wish to continue troubleshooting? If so, go into your database and advise the following:

1. Does the "neapptranslate_translations" table still exist?
  2. Can you open that table without issues, if it does still exist?

Enable the app again, and then go to this location on your site:

/admin/?app=neapptranslate&module=neapptranslate&controller=netranstranslations

Any errors accessing that page?