Disable HREFs/Active URLs in Email Replies?

Is there a way to disable active URLs in replies from the forum.  There are two options, one is to try and disable any active links in the email reply, but still keep a link to the forum itself.  If this can't be done, is there a way to not display the message in the body of the email and just say "There has been an update to thread......" and link the people to view it online?

Anyone have any suggestions on how to update this within the tools or do I need to create a plugin?   I see there are email templates that can be modified, but not sure if that is the best way to do it?  For now, I would just like to say something like "A new post by XXXXX has been added to this thread, click here to view the new post"

Is that possible?

The email templates are going to be your best bet. It might take some work as there are multiple ones for each type of notification. 

If you only use one language it does not matter if you hard code language bits into the emails. But if you are a site that has multi language support, you would have to make sure you take language variables into consideration. 

Yes, I have that running now, but the issue I have is in regards to links.  Amazon is threatening to terminate my affiliate status if I include links to Amazon since that is against their terms, so I need to not show any links (especially active ones).  I tested the truncate content option and took an example amazon link and it will still send the link, that is why I can't show any content.

20 hours ago, JEFF MACK said:

Yes DawPi really came through and helped me get exactly what I was looking for.  The end result will not interfere with the normal replies with the forum keeping users happy, but also allow me to stay in compliance with affiliate rules.

Yes, Daw does good work!  I have a few enhancements applied to my own site!  🙂