Forum Statistics widget take a few hours to catch up

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Assuming you are seeing this as a logged in user and only impacted by the block/sidebar cache, there is a task which updates statistics like this. As you're using Traffic to run background tasks, it could be this isn't updating super quickly but is eventually when the task is ran again. Additionally on top of this, you're using a plugin to reformat numbers. A good way to test this would be to do the following:

1. Disable all third party applications/plugins/
  2. Make a post.
  3. Navigate your site for a good 10 minutes.
  4. Did that resolve your concern? If so, re-enable applications/plugins and try again. If it's back, it's a third party application/plugin which is related. If it's not, then you may wish to switch to CRON for running background tasks (ACP -> System -> Advanced Configuration) if you have high expectations of these statistics every ~5 minutes as they are programmed to.

Hello,

I'm helping @Catsmother with this. Each themes statistics widget is saying different things. If I click on the arrow on the left to get into the widgets settings then click edit on the forum statistics then save, it updates, but then it doesn't update for a good few hours. Its very strange! The sidebar is set to update every minute too. So i don't know what could stop this from updating. 

• Solution

On taking a look at your system, I would advise on disabling all 3rd party items again for a while, then monitoring to see if this is still happening. You have errors from Mark 'notification read from toast' which are showing up once every few seconds there. Also, please ensure you have updated all optional patches showing in the support area.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:38 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

On taking a look at your system, I would advise on disabling all 3rd party items again for a while, then monitoring to see if this is still happening. You have errors from Mark 'notification read from toast' which are showing up once every few seconds there. Also, please ensure you have updated all optional patches showing in the support area.

This seems to have done the trick. the Mark notification plugin looked like was the problem. Thank you for your help.

I see that on October 3rd there was an issue writing to the datastore for quite a while. Has that fully been resolved? 

I also see that you're running CRON. Have you contacted your server administrator (or hosting provider) to ensure that there are no errors there and the CRON command is running once a minute?

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I see that on October 3rd there was an issue writing to the datastore for quite a while. Has that fully been resolved? 

I also see that you're running CRON. Have you contacted your server administrator (or hosting provider) to ensure that there are no errors there and the CRON command is running once a minute?

How is that fixable? Yeah I had the task to run automatically and then switched it to cron thinking it would solve the issue.

I will certainly ask the hosting provider.

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please check these as you appear to have display name set as the login details, and your site only uses email

I don't know why it's like that as I haven't changed anything on my forum. I have done the email now, hopefully it's right.