Error code -200

Hi,

Since the upgrade to 4.6.2, my community has a recurring error "Error code -200", if I understood this error correctly it is the upload limit reached !?

Out, my server is configured with the following data:
(Dedicated Plesk server on OVH)
> Memory limit = 8192M
> Max execution time = 1440
> Post max size = 8192M
> Upload max filesize = 8192M

Before the upgrade we were able to send files up to around 500MB, usually not exceeding this limit I left the configurations.
Now my communities are limited a bit randomly, (from the same group), 20MB, 50, 120.

120 MB being the maximum value they can send.

How can I unleash this upload rate?

Thank you for your help

Error code 200 actually means success:
https://httpstatuses.com/200

So is it just for uploads this happens?

1. First check the group to see what limits you have there. If they are all in the same group then it is unlikely that this is the reason, but check just to be sure.
  2. Check the php.ini in root and in your account (if you allow account wide override) to make sure they are both set to the same values.
  3. Check storage space in the upload folder to make sure it is not set to a temp folder or have any CHMOD issues.

...also check the logs in admin under support. Run a report as well to see if it shows any issues

1 minute ago, CoffeeCake said:

The 200 error code, in IPS land, is likely coming from your image manipulation software (imagemagik, gd). While @Jimi Wikman is right that a 200 response code for HTTP requests means "success," that's not what you're seeing here.

Thanks, I did not know that IPS used a standard error code for this 🙂

Then you should check your PHP version and if you have the modules for GD or ImageMagik installed.

Try out the following settings:

> Memory limit = 512M

> Max execution time = 60

> Post max size = 24M

> Upload max filesize = 16M

> Max input time = 300

It's all too easy to think that just continuously increasing the above will yield better results, but file uploading uses "chunked" uploads, where the file is effectively split into a lot of smaller sections. Turning these settings down tells the system to make more chunks, which will hopefully help your issue.

• 1 month later...

I've been getting these "-200" errors ever since updating to 4.6.x and I'm pretty convinced it's due to the fact that the upload progress bars are not working. This is in turn causing the browser to lose communication with the server if the upload is large enough. If the upload takes too long then it triggers the error.

This never used to be an issue with 4.5.x because the progress bars worked fine there and it didn't matter how big the file got as long as it compiled with the limits set in the ACP on the particular category.

4 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

I've been getting these "-200" errors ever since updating to 4.6.x and I'm pretty convinced it's due to the fact that the upload progress bars are not working. This is in turn causing the browser to lose communication with the server if the upload is large enough. If the upload takes too long then it triggers the error.

This never used to be an issue with 4.5.x because the progress bars worked fine there and it didn't matter how big the file got as long as it compiled with the limits set in the ACP on the particular category.

I'm having huge problems with this on my site for large files, which neither Invision nor my VPS provider seem to be able to solve.  I try to upload large files (~600MB), and I get no progress meter and things crap out with the -200 error. 

The added wrinkle to my case is: I have a test site on the same VPS as my production site: same Invision versions, same PHP version (which is set globally to handle files of up to 800-900MB).  Test site works just fine with 600MB files (which is what I need for my clients); I even get both progress bars!

I'm currently talking with Invision about re-uploading the entire Downloads module to see if there are some discrepancies in the files which may be remedied that way.  Perhaps a long shot, but I seem to have little recourse.

Edited by liquidfractal