Mass Tag Topics

• 1 month later...

This is a very useful plugin, but it seems it does not work as expected. When you change a tag using Mass Tag Topics it removes all previous tags from the topics and assigns the entered one. For example, if you already have topics with different tags:

• Topic 1 (tag 1, tag 2)
  • Topic 2 (tag 2)
  • Topic 3 (tag 1)

and you want to add another one "tag 3" to all of them, you can not use Mass Tag Topics for this. Because if you will select these topics and will enter a new "tag 3" using this plugin, you will have this:

• Topic 1 (tag 3)
  • Topic 2 (tag 3)
  • Topic 3 (tag 3)

And you will loose all other tags. A have lost all my one hour work because of this.

I think it could be great that there will be some more options: (1) merge entered tags with current ones an (2) remove entered tags from selected topics if they have ones.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, KVentz said:

When you change a tag using Mass Tag Topics it removes all previous tags from the topics and assigns the entered one

That's how it was designed and that's what described:

This plugin will give the ability to moderators who can edit content to mass add/remove prefix/tags in topics.

----

5 minutes ago, KVentz said:

I think it could be great that there will be some more options: (1) merge entered tags with current ones an (2) remove entered tags from selected topics if they have ones.

I'll take a look in a future version, no ETA at all due to IPS 4.6 updates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 9:43 PM, KVentz said:

This is a very useful plugin, but it seems it does not work as expected. When you change a tag using Mass Tag Topics it removes all previous tags from the topics and assigns the entered one.

+1 that was what I was expecting the behaviour to be reading the description.

On 6/28/2021 at 9:49 PM, Adriano Faria said:

That's how it was designed and that's what described:
This plugin will give the ability to moderators who can edit content to mass add/remove prefix/tags in topics.

It's 'Mass Add' on a topic with no pre-existing tags, however on a topic with pre-existing tags it is 'Mass Replace.'

It would be helpful after assigning tags that you are returned to the forum page number you were on.  For example in 1 section we need to tag 75+ pages of posts, every time we assign the tags to the topics we are returned back to Page 1 of that forum.  It'll take me about 600 clicks changing pages to assign 4 sets of tags to 75 pages.  That change alone for people managing larger forums would be a huge time saver :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Ozione said:

I have it enabled but when selecting multiple topics, I don't get an option to mass edit any tags at all. Option is missing in whole.

Seems OK to me:

It will work for moderators who can edit content and the forum should allow tags, obviously.

If both conditions are right, then try in the default (unmodified) theme if you're using a custom theme.

3 hours ago, Ozione said:

Option is missing in whole.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It will work for moderators who can edit content and the forum should allow tags, obviously.

If both conditions are right, then try in the default (unmodified) theme if you're using a custom theme.

After talk to the user via message, he's talking about the FLUID VIEW. This resource is designed to work only in FORUM VIEW.

I'll take a look in a few days to make it compatible with FLUID VIEW too.

• 4 months later...

What's New in Version 1.1.0

New Feature:

• Add the ability to manage tags in Fluid View and forum combined fluid view
  • Tool to remove prefixes/tags from all topics from a specific forum with one click

Instructions:

• Plugin converted to an application due to an IPS request.
    • Simply install the application and it will uninstall the plugin
6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.0

New Feature:

• Add the ability to manage tags in Fluid View and forum combined fluid view
  • Tool to remove prefixes/tags from all topics from a specific forum with one click

Instructions:

• Plugin converted to an application due to an IPS request.
    • Simply install the application and it will uninstall the plugin

Thanks for this update!

• 5 weeks later...

I installed the plugin and see the options to mass tag, but it isn't working. The window pops up, I enter my tags, click the save button, then the window closes after a few seconds without adding any tags to the selected threads.

I tried this with both the "Change Prefix & Add Tags" and "Replace Prefix & Tags" options. I'm on Invision Community v4.7.11.1.