How can advertisers trust IPS Advertisement system?

Hi everyone,

i have a doubt. If i sell advertisements through IP Commerce, how can buyers of advertisement check the number of clicks their advertisements have? The thing is that we can sell advertisements (let's say, a pack of 1000 visualizations, but then they cannot track how many visualizations they have left. Is there a way or a 3rd party app for this? Because buyers may not believe my word (why should them, anyway?), and answering to them is a lot of manual work...

Regards

Edited by xtech

Generally, I would not recommend using IPS advertisement system to sell impressions. Use duration period (number of days) instead. IPS counts impression like page views. If the ad is placed below the fold and the user never scrolls to see it, IPS would count it nevertheless. Advertisers dislike to pay for ads that were not even displayed. 

If an advertiser has own tracking code, you can use HTML/JS code for the ad to place it, so that he can see in his tracking system the stats.

Edited by Sonya*

@Sonya* , yes but the IPS advertisement system has some advantages:

• it can "escape" adblockers because it is virtually a normal content block that is placed, so unless you use "standard ad formats" it will gets through adblockers
  • performance
  • It is integrated in IPS so users can buy directly at the site

The only problem that i see with it is that the ad buyers can't track the performance (clicks or visualizations) of the ads they bought... of course you can use a tracking system and have them to check it outside IPS, but that is a extra hassle that users are not willing to have.

Duration period is an option, yes, but the user doesn't know if their ads are being seen and how many times they were seen. It is difficult to sell that for any potential buyer.

Edited by xtech

The ad system could use some work.

I wish I could allow users to pay first and then go setup the artwork and then publish it on their own time and that's when the meter starts. 

Also wish advertisers could change their artwork (with approval) at will - I have to be involved in the process. 

Plus see better stats. 

20 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

I recommend revive formerly known as openx. Use this since many, many years. It's free, self hosted and a lot of features. You can add the advert delivery code into the ips advertising system.

https://www.revive-adserver.com/download/

The problem with "ad serving software" is that they are easily defeated by adblockers because you have to inject their .js in the code.

1 hour ago, Ramsesx said:

I recommend revive formerly known as openx. Use this since many, many years. It's free, self hosted and a lot of features. You can add the advert delivery code into the ips advertising system.

https://www.revive-adserver.com/download/

I have used it for some years. I have stopped because their code had responsiveness issues. Another issue was the slow performance at large projects. Self hosted was not enough. Cloud was too expensive. We have changed to Ad Manager. 

The earnings for banner advertisements slowed down though. Paid walls, subscriptions, affiliates, writing and featuring content - this is where we are now 🙃

Edited by Sonya*