Why not peer-pressure people into subscribing?

Pavel Chernitsky

We've recently launched a subscriber program and a donation campaign, and it's doing kinda meh. 
Suddenly! a wild idea appeared! 
Why not have a "X people got this" or some other variant of that next to the subscription/campaign name (or below it if it's super long)?

That way all those free loading non-sub scum could see how many people there are in the community who are so much better and more generous than they are, and then feel guilty and give us their money. of course they could also see no one's buying your crappy overpriced crap and just back out of the page sinisterly laughing.

Seriously though, all the crowdfunding sites do that, and peer pressure is a genuinely good sales tool. 
Technically this should be a cakewalk because you have that info plainly displayed in the subscription page in the ACP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2020 at 12:11 PM, Pavel Chernitsky said:

free loading non-sub scum could see how many people there are in the community who are so much better and more generous than they are, and then feel guilty and give us their money

This is called "Social Proof," but I like your explanation better.  

I just recently swapped from donation based to subscription based. I allowed all pages to be viewed for free but no posting or comments allowed for non-paying members. The result for me has be a good gain in true traffic and income is much better. I did also post up that I'm privately owned and not a corporate owned like my competition. People do understand this difference and willing to pay for quality information. This was a good bonus for me.