Pages: How to move content from one Database to another.

Ibai

Hi there,

I was wondering if we can move a content from one Database to another such as there is a way to "Copy to Database" when you are trying to move a Thread to a Database.

In addition, is a way to "move" content? So I don't loose the link pointer and don't break the SEO?

Cheers,

Ibai

Unfortunately not with Databases, no, because each one can have custom fields, so things would break if a record from A were moved to B. If you're comfortable with SQL, then you could insert a record's details (everything except for the fields) into the relevant database table, and then remove it from the original. But there isn't a built-in solution, I'm afraid. 

Edited by Meddysong

3 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Because Forums only have two fields. "Title" and "Content" and you can fill in the rest when you copy. Unfortunately there is no surefire way to go from one custom field to another. IPS wouldn't know which ones to copy where and you'd get all sorts of out of alignment content.

Hmmm I guess every database record (or most) has a title and description inputs. Same as a thread Copy does, it could copy just the title and text and then leave the rest of the inputs empty. 🤔

1 hour ago, Ibai said:

Hmmm I guess every database record (or most) has a title and description inputs. Same as a thread Copy does, it could copy just the title and text and then leave the rest of the inputs empty. 🤔

You should SEE my databases:

image.thumb.png.6b9a20f3b920ab17061bbb5b9f73a084.png

And that's just one of the four tabs..... We all have different needs and wants for pages. You may need to think of why you need to copy something from one database to another to figure out why you want such a feature.

For example, I use database relationship fields to pull information from one database to another without copying it.