Mobile App

We've just been approved for the mobile app so I've installed it on a couple of devices and tried it very briefly.

The first thing that surprises me is that it doesn't carry any of our get-up - our colours, our logos, anything. In fact if anything it is simply in Invision colours but nothing that would lead someone to understand that they were on our particular forum.

The second thing that surprises me is that none of our AdSense advertisements seem to appear. Is this by design? I read somewhere that in some way carrying our ads on this kind of app might be a Google violation – and if it is and I'm afraid that we won't be using the app and we won't encourage people to use either.

And finally, I'm very surprised that for instance it doesn't give an opportunity to configure an automatic signature so that when one starts a topic or replies to a topic it doesn't automatically signoff something like "from my phone".

Of course I'm using an early adopter version. Maybe there is more work to be done.

As I say, I tried it very quickly – maybe for only two or three minutes these are my initial impressions.

On the plus side, it installs quickly, signs in quickly and seems to be pretty fast.

Edited by BankFodder

Congrats on getting approved! The multi community app is still in technical preview / beta and this is its initial roll-out.  You're one of the first clients to get a sneak peek at a live demo of the app.  

The team is excited to continue development of the mobile app, and look forward to adding several of the great suggestions that you've identified.  You're welcome to collate and post other mobile app suggestions in the Feedback forum.

On 14.09.2020 at 18:21, BankFodder said:

Нас только что одобрили для мобильного приложения, поэтому я установил его на несколько устройств и очень быстро попробовал.

long awaited approval?

My forums have been approved and I messed around with the app for about 25 minutes.  I agree with BankFodder's critique and I would add that it is kind of set up backwards...the opening page is titled New for You but only lists Active Now, Our Picks and Top Users This Week.  I would like to see it open with recent activity that is customizable for one thing!  For this app to work, IPS is gonna have to make it "feel" like Tapatalk!  I hate to even say the name but you know I am right!!  It needs push notifications, app signatures, content feeds, and user customizable settings.  This is a good start but don't be afraid to make it what it needs to be!

Edited by RocketStang

When you guys say you were approved for the app... what does this mean? 

Where can I see this in action? Is it your own forum's app? Or is it under the Invision app? 

How would a member go about downloading this? 

I would love to offer an app option to my paying subscribers, so the ads thing at the moment for me wouldn't be an issue (though I do think it should have the ability to include ads if it doesn't). 

20 hours ago, RocketStang said:

It needs push notifications

I have the IPS app and it does have push notifications which I looove. 

Anyway, how can I jump in on this 😏 

16 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

When you guys say you were approved for the app... what does this mean? 

Where can I see this in action? Is it your own forum's app? Or is it under the Invision app? 

How would a member go about downloading this? 

I would love to offer an app option to my paying subscribers, so the ads thing at the moment for me wouldn't be an issue (though I do think it should have the ability to include ads if it doesn't). 

I have the IPS app and it does have push notifications which I looove. 

Anyway, how can I jump in on this 😏 

It's an IPS App...once you are on 4.5, go to your ACP>System>Mobile App (at the bottom) and register your site.  You can download the IPS App from Google Store or Apple Store.  Takes about a week for IPS to approve your site and then you can use the app to access your site.

4 minutes ago, RocketStang said:

It's an IPS App...once you are on 4.5, go to your ACP>System>Mobile App (at the bottom) and register your site.  You can download the IPS App from Google Store or Apple Store.  Takes about a week for IPS to approve your site and then you can use the app to access your site.

AHHH ok gotcha! I am still in the process of getting everything ready to upgrade to 4.5. It'll be pretty soon though. Thank you!