Location of "Edit" and "Report" links on the new 4.5 theme

Gabriel Torres

Hi,

I had to edit our theme here to restore the "Edit" and "Report" links to their previous (< 4.5) locations. The "Report" link must be very visible to our users, and as for the "Edit" link, it gives us extra work. When seeing a post that requires editing, our moderators must scroll back to the top of that post, click on the "..." and then click on "Edit". So, there are two extra steps required, i.e. wasted time.

Just my two cents.

Cheers.

@Paul E.

Regarding the Report button, what I did here was to add it like a badge. See below, you can steal this idea if you think it looks better ("Denunciar" is "Report" in Portuguese) for your plugin idea:

image.thumb.png.37e846f2d7e678eea747882232b383b8.png

Here is the code I added at the badge list in forums > front > topics > post:

{{if $comment->canReportOrRevoke() === TRUE}}
                        <li><strong class='ipsBadge ipsBadge_large ipsBadge_neutral'><a href='{$comment->url('report')}' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit data-ipsDialog-size='medium' data-ipsDialog-flashMessage='{lang="report_submit_success"}' data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="report_post"}" data-action='reportComment' title='{lang="report_content"}'>{lang="report"}</a></strong></li>
                    {{endif}}

I hope I have helped!

Gabriel.

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2020 at 12:25 PM, Paul E. said:

After converting our community to 4.5, we received almost unanimous feedback that the moving of these links was a crime against humanity. I'll be posting a free plugin on the Marketplace that restores all that is right in the world.

Your plugin has to be the best genius idea ever to be done; also, have you created one to fix the grave error of collapsing larger quotes?