How do I unarchive all my archived topics?

I archived a fair number of site topics a few years ago when I needed to be careful with my site resources. I'd now like to unarchive everything.

Is there a simple way to mass unarchive?

Running 4.4.10

Many thanks for any info.

I don't recommend that. Let the unarchiving process do its work especially if you moved topics to another table in the database. Its probably running background processes and taking its time to do the work to not affect your sites performance.

Then submit a ticket. Trying to take the short route could negatively impact your site and upgrades. Turning off archiving initializes a process or task that takes archived topics and makes them non-archived again. I've personally done this at least twice and know that turning it off works.

40 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

I don't recommend that. Let the unarchiving process do its work especially if you moved topics to another table in the database. Its probably running background processes and taking its time to do the work to not affect your sites performance.

How can topics be moved to another table in the database? Afaik that is not possible...

2 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Its one of the settings in the archive process @Miss_B

image.thumb.png.58bbb29f974032d48a0a5e479ad5bd44.png

So first off it moves them to a separate table no matter what (the purpose of archiving) or you can move it to a completely different database (the second option there). So again, quick fixes are actually more damaging than you are assuming.

Thanks for the screenshot. I was not aware of this. I assume that the archived topics will be moved to a separate table within the database as sort of backup. But the question is, will they be gone from the forums_topics table as well? I doubt it though, because the archived field indicates that not to be the case. 

You cannot just run a query on the topics table to unarchive. The post content is moved out of forums_posts and placed into another table (which can be in a separate database as mentioned). The posts need to be moved back.

Disabling the feature should cause a task (NOT a background process) to unarchive everything.