Image on Facebook when sharing

Many sections (Pages databases, downloads, blogs …) have the option to set a featured image and that will be used automatically. 

Forums don’t have that, since no one wants to upload a specific image for that purpose for every singe topic. But this usually helps: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8992-og-image-for-forum-topics/

7 hours ago, Sheffielder said:

That looks perfect to me, although I daren't buy it until I know it won't be affected/outdated by the upcoming update to Invision

I bought that plugin and it's awesome. 

And if I don't want everyone to see the featured image in the post, I just set the image size to 1x1 pixel and voila it disappears (mostly). 

14 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

I bought that plugin and it's awesome. 

And if I don't want everyone to see the featured image in the post, I just set the image size to 1x1 pixel and voila it disappears (mostly). 

How do you intervene to do that?

E.g. if a member posts a new topic with an image in the thread, how do you spot that you don't want that image and then intervene?

(my site is fast moving so I probably wouldn't spot them all)

On 5/8/2020 at 10:17 AM, opentype said:

Many sections (Pages databases, downloads, blogs …) have the option to set a featured image and that will be used automatically. 

Forums don’t have that, since no one wants to upload a specific image for that purpose for every singe topic. But this usually helps: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8992-og-image-for-forum-topics/

This looks great, can it do it with articles in a DB? I guess I would need to specify the image field though.

30 minutes ago, jpointer2_merged said:

This looks great, can it do it with articles in a DB? I guess I would need to specify the image field though.

For Pages databases, you upload a record image, as mentioned above. That plugin only affects the forums, since it is only needed there. 

4 hours ago, opentype said:

For Pages databases, you upload a record image, as mentioned above. That plugin only affects the forums, since it is only needed there. 

Ah I see, I actually ditched the record image and used a separate image field instead because you can't make the record image compulsory.

10 hours ago, Sheffielder said:

How do you intervene to do that?

E.g. if a member posts a new topic with an image in the thread, how do you spot that you don't want that image and then intervene?

(my site is fast moving so I probably wouldn't spot them all)

Only subscribers on my forum can upload images. 

But if a member posts a new topic and has an image in it, but I want to use a different image it promote on social media, I simply upload it into their post, then set the size dimensions to 1x1 so it's invisible. I hope that makes sense haha.