RESOLVED: Error 500 after moved to another VPS

Hey all,

I moved to another server that has installed Plesk.

Since I moved and restored the files and the SQL with the new credentials in the conf_global.php, I have Error 500 without any log, or correctly explained what the issue is.

Here's the page:

image.png.6eadf05171bce9e2690fa4037f18ae33.png

Tried the suggested with the .htaccess file, which exists and via SQL to turn off the Friendly URLs, but nothing helps.

When I try a new installation, it works.

Should I try the new installation and then push the files from the backup?

500 error is a general error that usually occurs either when there's a problem with the server or the script that you are using. Personally I think that something might have gone wrong with the move. 

If you can get to the precise eror message it would be a big help in pointing towards the real cause of the error. Can you access your database?

Edited by Miss_B

51 minutes ago, opentype said:

Do you get into the ACP?

Do you know about the Recovery Mode? 

I can't get to the ACP, when I try, the same error page appears.

42 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

500 error is a general error that usually occurs either when there's a problem with the server or the script that you are using. Personally I think that something might have gone wrong with the move. 

If you can get to the precise eror message it would be a big help in pointing towards the real cause of the error. Can you access your database?

I posted a screen shot of the error, I went to the uploads -> logs but there's nothing inside except the empty index.html file.

22 minutes ago, bfarber said:

It sounds like your database doesn't exist. Open conf_global.php and verify your SQL credentials are correct.

I checked that multiple times, I'll do something else right now, I'll try to re-install a fresh one, and try to connect a new DB. if it will work, i'll try to replace the new to backed-up files.

It seems like the conf_global.php is the issue here...

Update:

I performed a new installation and it works properly.

Now, i'll check the conf_global file and compare it to the new one which is created in the new installation.

Edited by IceCore

Resolved:

conf_global.php, the sql_socket was located in a different place in the system:

'sql_socket' => '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock',

instead of

'sql_socket' => '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock',

The error can be more informative, it should be detected and show that this is the issue at the first place.

@bfarber

Edited by IceCore