Member Map

Not yet, it's purely 1 per user, Custom Markers will be getting opened in a future version.

Ok thanks for the very quick reply, do you think it would be possible to edit the application (if you would allow) and add that feature as its an essential feature that people can add multiple markers and a description. Its more of a review map rather than a member map.

Thanks!

Tried caching but no luck.

You can log on and see for yourself.

Username - thewelshonetest

Password - 123456

Thanks

WelshLad

You've got a Javascript error, it's being caused by a user in the VIP group, the suffix text you have contains " which is escaping the javascript, thus breaking it, edit the suffix and change the " to '.

Changing the the view permissions means that guests can still see the tab for Member Map, but when they click on it it says:
[#1901] You do not have permission to view the member map

But I want the tab itself to not show in the menu bar for guests. I can do this with permissions in official IP Apps but this one doesn't have same effect.
Thanks for your help!

Just installed this on my site after seeing it on Michael Maccune's site.

One cool mod indeed!

I have a question:

I do have a custom profile field where I ask users to provide their city and country. I've noticed that in Michael's page, my name appeared on the map despite the fact that I don't quite recall ever having added my location there.

Has anybody managed add a custom profile field with location to the map yet?

I can only presume that Michael has written a hook to capture that information from your sign up and put it into the map, I'll have a chat with him. (It was something to be added in future)

Hi Stoo,

I'm interested in doing the following, just wondering if you found a solution to this question?

Thanks

WelshLad

Can we have some informations for the next release? new features or only bugs fixes? :rofl:

Nothing set in stone yet, I've been concentrating on the other apps and the other development work I do.

Off the top of my head though
  • Fully transition to Google Maps Api v3
  • Geocode via Javascript instead of the server (no more geocode limits for the server IP to hit)
  • Possibly some sort of sidebar
  • Possibly custom markers for everyone (admin configurable)

Can't think of anything else right now.