Member Map

After updating to 1.0.6 and activating the Profile Hook, I am getting this error message, any ideas what causes it? The Application itself works correctly.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_membermap_5::mapProfile() in /../www/hooks/memberMapProfile_e2a13e373042757261a5fe7773896715.php on line 38

After updating to 1.0.6 and activating the Profile Hook, I am getting this error message, any ideas what causes it? The Application itself works correctly.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_membermap_5::mapProfile() in /../www/hooks/memberMapProfile_e2a13e373042757261a5fe7773896715.php on line 38

Try recaching your skins, that should fix it.

Would it be possible to force-freeze the zoom to a certain area? I am running a page related to a district of our capital and would like to keep it permanently zoomed to that district.

You would be able to do that with a template edit, look at

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(37.4419, -122.1419), 13);

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/v2/introduction.html#Initializing_the_Map

Try recaching your skins, that should fix it.

Thank you very much, it helped. I would have a few more comments:

1. The profile hook is very useful, I think it would need the standard hook header, saying something like 'my location' or some other editable text, like this the minimap is floating there and some people may get confused.

2. When I changed the height of the map canvas in css to 75%, the background frame stays still the same as before (100%) forcing the board footer to be far below the map, is there any way how to have this rectified? I have recached everything.

3. The application URL is ..../membermap/ it would be great if it could read the friendly application name say ...../mapa (in czech language) but i don't now whether this is possible.

Thank you very much, it helped. I would have a few more comments:

1. The profile hook is very useful, I think it would need the standard hook header, saying something like 'my location' or some other editable text, like this the minimap is floating there and some people may get confused.

2. When I changed the height of the map canvas in css to 75%, the background frame stays still the same as before (100%) forcing the board footer to be far below the map, is there any way how to have this rectified? I have recached everything.

3. The application URL is ..../membermap/ it would be great if it could read the friendly application name say ...../mapa (in czech language) but i don't now whether this is possible.

Thanks
  1. [*]I thought it was quite self explantory to what it is? [*]You need to change the height of the wrapper (it's in px), the map must always have a height of 100%. [*]You would need to edit /admin/applications_addon/other/extensions/furlTemplates.php to change that 'string'

[list=1] [*]I thought it was quite self explantory to what it is?

[/list]

In my opinion when readers click on my profile and they see a map floating on the page, they may get a bit confused as it is the only element without a header, like this they may for a while think that it belongs to the hook above which has a header.

I upgraded to 1.0.6 and:

• all members marks disppeared including mine
  • when I update my *invisible* mark, nothing happens, still don't see anything

It's weird, isn't it?

EDIT: OK, I got it, I had to reinstall it. Profile hook looks cool :D

You possibly just needed to clear your browser cache. (and make sure the latest JS file was uploaded)

You can hide the map from Guests already, is that what you mean ?

Stuart

I know about this, and I have that. But I want to have map accessible for visitors too. But for privacy reasons they shouldn't see members positions. Like guests cannot see members profiles, they couldn't see their positions.

I know about this, and I have that. But I want to have map accessible for visitors too. But for privacy reasons they shouldn't see members positions. Like guests cannot see members profiles, they couldn't see their positions.

They can go to google to view a blank map lol.

GREAT JOB on this. What an awesome addition to our community!

They can go to google to view a blank map lol.

GREAT JOB on this. What an awesome addition to our community!

That's what I was thinking, it's possible though that he wants them to see the custom markers though.

Are there ads built into this? I watched a floating ad come across my member map today and there is nothing on my end that would have caused that???

There are definately no ads in this app.

Hi Stoo,

For some reason I am unable to add my location.

I've clicked on the add location tab situated inside the member map section but nothing happens.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

That sounds like the JavaScript isn't being ran, try a hard refresh (CTRL+F5).

If that doesn't work, send me a link so I can take a look :)