Remove certain options from the Account Settings page.

Chris Sajnog

The forum logs users via Single Sign On through a WordPress site. In other words they already find themselves logged in if they have an account on the WordPress site in question. I wish to remove the following options from the Account Settings page on my forum since they serve no purpose at this point. If the user wants to change them he can already do it in his WordPress account.

2019-09-14_1450.thumb.png.61fe34556ac6bb8fc98bcf71148a1b63.png

I wish to hide/remove the clickables that are in a red square from the Account Settings page.

Most SSO's will redirect you to the appropriate page on the other site but if they aren't doing that then the following should work by adding it to the custom.css of your theme.

/* Hide Things from Account settings */
#setting_email, #setting_username, #ipsTabs_elSettingsTabs_setting_overview_panel .ipsButton.ipsButton_link.ipsPos_right {
	display: none;
}

7 hours ago, Chris Sajnog said:

The forum logs users via Single Sign On through a WordPress site. In other words they already find themselves logged in if they have an account on the WordPress site in question. I wish to remove the following options from the Account Settings page on my forum since they serve no purpose at this point. If the user wants to change them he can already do it in his WordPress account.

2019-09-14_1450.thumb.png.61fe34556ac6bb8fc98bcf71148a1b63.png

I wish to hide/remove the clickables that are in a red square from the Account Settings page.

Since you're using my WordPress SSO, those links are redirected to the appropriate place to change these.

However, if you still want to remove those items, you can do so by disabling display name changes for your member groups (in the member group setting for each group) and you can opt to disable the email change in AdminCP > System > Login & Registration > Account Mangement

Archived