Sticky sidebar

• 11 months later...

though the sticky sidebar is not scrollable. if there is room for it to stick it sticks the top of the sidebar and it stays there until you scroll down enough for sidebar to reach the bottom of the page and only then you start scrolling thru the rest of the sidebar.

11 minutes ago, Maxxius said:

though the sticky sidebar is not scrollable. if there is room for it to stick it sticks the top of the sidebar and it stays there until you scroll down enough for sidebar to reach the bottom of the page and only then you start scrolling thru the rest of the sidebar.

That's standard of most sticky sidebars that are too tall for a page.

2 hours ago, Morrigan said:

That's standard of most sticky sidebars that are too tall for a page.

The standard is: the main content and the sidebar scroll both as usual till the end of the sidebar is reached. Then the sidebar becomes sticky and only main content scrolls further to the bottom. 

I guess this all depends on what you consider to be the "end". ipsSticky is extremely versatile but when you say "the end" I don't necessarily understand the specifics of what you're looking for.

I utilize ipsSticky in multiple ways. So, to be clear you'd have to provide better examples of what you're looking for to better provide you with information on how to achieve your goals. Unfortunately, in many ways, you are often vague and difficult to follow.

So you want something that people can half see most of the time? I don't agree with that.

There are sticky methods I agree with like the one available on Mighty Deals:

https://www.mightydeals.com/deal/8000-cartoons.html?hmref=home

But that's completely different and obviously NOT what you're looking for.

ipsSticky gives you the ability to build actually one or BOTH of these methods if you took the time or asked for a coder to assist you without being vague. An example like that is AMAZING! And would help anyone assist you in creating the method you want. Just saying "Sticky sidebar" really isn't helpful or even constructive.

27 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

So you want something that people can half see most of the time? I don't agree with that.

It does not make any difference how sticky sidebar configured. You will always see only part of it if it is too long. Do you agree? 😄

Any way, there are two ways how and when it sticks. The one, you find the right one. And the one, I would like to achieve. The second one is not possible with ipsSticky. Sure, it is possible with external coder 😄 and custom code. But this is not what I have asked for. I have asked, if the behaviour I wish can be achieved with ipsSticky. Obviously not. 😉 

No, I actually don't agree. If I see only part of the content you are providing me I'm going to be upset 100% of the time.

And, no. ipsSticky will provide you with what you want, you just have to provide the right criteria. I use it personally on my site (Not nearly with as much content because, as stated previously) I don't agree that long sticky content is better. But you need to do you dearest heart. Good luck.

Edited by Morrigan