Email delivery issues

Canal World

Hi,

We have several reports from our users of emails not be delivered. (e.g. notification emails from our forum), including to Gmail. I understand some go to the Spam folder. We use our own SMTP server. We are not blacklisted and we use SPF, though we have not yet implemented DKIM or DMARC. 

I understand in this day and age and considering the volume of legitimate emails we send, we should ideally be using a third party trusted SMTP relay such as SendGrid, Mailgun etc. Problem is some are either expensive or do not accept PayPal. 

Does anyone recommend a SMTP relay service that is inexpensive (less than $25 USD pcm) and also accepts PayPal?

Thanks

Rich

It’s tough if you send a high volume of emails. SparkPost is an option, don’t know the cost. 

You have to weigh how important email delivery is in contrast to how much money you get from return visits and more member interaction. 

4 hours ago, CanalWorld said:

Hi,

We have several reports from our users of emails not be delivered. (e.g. notification emails from our forum), including to Gmail. I understand some go to the Spam folder. We use our own SMTP server. We are not blacklisted and we use SPF, though we have not yet implemented DKIM or DMARC

I understand in this day and age and considering the volume of legitimate emails we send, we should ideally be using a third party trusted SMTP relay such as SendGrid, Mailgun etc. Problem is some are either expensive or do not accept PayPal. 

Does anyone recommend a SMTP relay service that is inexpensive (less than $25 USD pcm) and also accepts PayPal?

Thanks

Rich

It entirely depends on the volume of mail that you send, but you can check out SendGrid or Sparkpost.  I personally use SparkPost and they have multiple levels of pricing, one of them is less than $20 / month.  

On 5/25/2019 at 11:22 AM, Andy Millne said:

Implement dkim and dmarc. You will see a huge improvement in deliverabilty straight away. Hotmail and yahoo now pretty much reject all mail not using dkim and dmarc.

How do you implement DKIM and DMARC?

Would this guide be suitable? https://www.esecurityplanet.com/applications/how-to-set-up-implement-dmarc-email-security.html

Archived