Cache sidebar, header and footer blocks

Day_

On fiddling with my backend (sounds ruder than what it was), I came across this setting, I swear I had it set to 30 minutes, but it was set to 30 weeks which sounds a crazy amount of time to cache those blocks? Does 30 minutes sound about right, or should it really be set to 30 weeks?

1354329007_Screenshot2019-05-05at22_02_07.thumb.png.1eb4e54d366f240528c0e09c3b077aac.png

12 minutes ago, Adlago said:

It also creates problems for me. I left it in 15 minutes. I think it should be turned off - but there is no such option.

I never noticed any real problems to be honest, just thought it looked very odd being that length. Now you mention 15 minutes, that sounds like the default, but I upped it to 30 years ago thinking it would change the length of time the who's online block showed. Later realised that wasn't the case.

No task clears it - when we go to show the block, we look for a cached copy. If there is a cached copy, and that cache is not too old, it's used. If there is no cached copy, or the cached copy was stored too long ago (i.e. it's expired), we clear it and regenerate the HTML.

2 minutes ago, bfarber said:

No task clears it - when we go to show the block, we look for a cached copy. If there is a cached copy, and that cache is not too old, it's used. If there is no cached copy, or the cached copy was stored too long ago (i.e. it's expired), we clear it and regenerate the HTML.

Thanks, but then the task clearcache - which exactly cache clears?

10 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Redis (and other cache engine) caches.

Ie. for me now nothing is done in this task - I stopped Redis, I not use a guest cash page.
No specified cache - my site works fast and accurately.
Redis creates inaccuracies in statistics "who is online", and I do not get any improvement on my site from using Redis.
Actually - I will add in my topic in Feedback - it would be a good administrator to be able to stop and useless tasks ...

Archived