Stop members changing font sizes?

Washerhelp

Hello. I keep getting the occasional warning from Google that certain pages on my forum have failed the mobile friendly test. Specifically, text too small to read. I just looked at one of these pages and the original poster has altered the text size to make it smaller. Why anybody would do this is a complete mystery. I can understand someone increasing the font size to make it easier for them to read -although any replies would be in the default font anyway so pretty pointless. So my question is is it possible to prevent members from altering the text sizes when they are posting? Or at the very least is it possible to specify a minimum font size?

31 minutes ago, Washerhelp said:

Hello. I keep getting the occasional warning from Google that certain pages on my forum have failed the mobile friendly test. Specifically, text too small to read. I just looked at one of these pages and the original poster has altered the text size to make it smaller. Why anybody would do this is a complete mystery. I can understand someone increasing the font size to make it easier for them to read -although any replies would be in the default font anyway so pretty pointless. So my question is is it possible to prevent members from altering the text sizes when they are posting? Or at the very least is it possible to specify a minimum font size?

Not tested but believe can remove the font size button from within adminCP >> themes (paint brush icon on left)

under the editor heading select toolbars

left click the size button and select which groups can see this button

I support the idea by @Jim M where you can control the behavior when users paste text.  

This happens a lot on my community when users try to copy / paste text and it retains the original formatting.  By adjusting the Paste Behavior, you can remove all formatting.  

Archived