Downloads add to cart

Stephen Bruce

2 hours ago, bfarber said:

No, although by the fact you've posted and or responded to 2 or 3 topics about this in the feedback forum today, I'm under the assumption you are (at least now) aware of this.

Yeah I’m aware of it, just finding it hard to believe that this still isn’t possible. I first asked over 3 years ago and came back last week thinking that things would have progressed but I still have all the same issues unfortunately 😔

Just in case you were looking for an immediate workaround, you could create a Commerce product for each of your digital downloads.  Upon purchase, you can redirect to a link to download the file.    

This will allow you to use the full power of the Commerce app, including adding multiple items to the cart before check out.  

On 3/24/2019 at 1:31 PM, Stephen Bruce said:

Is it possible to add files from the Downloads app to a cart so you can buy several at once instead of having to buy one at a time? My website sells music so it’s a bit of a pain if people have to checkout and pay for every single song they want

On 3/25/2019 at 8:36 AM, bfarber said:

No, although by the fact you've posted and or responded to 2 or 3 topics about this in the feedback forum today, I'm under the assumption you are (at least now) aware of this.

Clearly the IPB team is aware that some folks desire this. While we haven't really had any feedback, in some ways no news can be good news. IPB is pretty good about saying "yeah..., no! We are not considering that".

Might be a leap, but I don't think they hate the idea.

6 hours ago, Joel R said:

Just in case you were looking for an immediate workaround, you could create a Commerce product for each of your digital downloads.  Upon purchase, you can redirect to a link to download the file.    

This will allow you to use the full power of the Commerce app, including adding multiple items to the cart before check out.  

Thanks Joel, but I’m creating a digital Marketplace where people can upload and sell their own files so I don’t think that would work for me. I need the members to be able to add products and receive their commission etc.

I have the Downloads app all set up how I need it for files and commission etc, The only thing missing is the shopping cart 😕

Archived