Change Member Joined Date

1 minute ago, Christforums said:

Running into an error. The reason I need to change the join date is because an old account was merged into the new account after my board's creation. Seems the plugin doesn't like the fact that I'm trying to create a join date before the board's creation. I need the join date to be 08/15/2014.

I was counting the seconds until someone fall in that situation:

The oldest date allowed will be the forum installation date (board_start in conf_global.php)

This is not an error. It just doesn’t make sense allow you to change to a date BEFORE the date the board was installed. 

Do you have FTP access to make a change in conf_global.php? If so, tell me date you want to set as the board installation then you will change and you will be able to change the date of this member. 

Would it be 08/15/2014 the board was installed?

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I was counting the seconds until someone fall in that situation:

This is not an error. It just doesn’t make sense allow you to change to a date BEFORE the date the board was installed. 

Do you have FTP access to make a change in conf_global.php? If so, tell me date you want to set as the board installation then you will change and you will be able to change the date of this member. 

Would it be 08/15/2014 the board was installed?

Yes, 08/15/2014. I am able to FTP and make changes to the conf_global.php file.

My site was created in 2014 however we migrated to IPS last April.

Edited by Christforums
4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ok, so download and open conf_global.php and find board_start on it. You will see a 10 digits number. Change that sequence of numbers to 1407974400 and then save and upload the file. Now you’re able to change the member joined date to 08/15/2014.

Genius!

Thank you. Worked as described.

My profile now displays my original account creation date before our IPS migration!

https://www.christforums.com/profile/1-william/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/29/2019 at 12:07 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Compatible with IPS 4.4.

I just purchased this for my forum, but I'm not using version 4.5 yet (I'm on 4.4).  I tried to select the latest version from the change log (the only one that appeared was from December 1, 2019) and tried downloading it, and apparently it wasn't found.

Could I get a copy of the 4.4 version?

image.thumb.png.5db7d76efbd33ba08eeb4f083c87f9fc.png

• 2 years later...
On 1/14/2019 at 5:34 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Done. You can enter any past date now... it is not tied to board start date anymore.

Hey.  Did something change that ties it to the board's start date again?  This was working for the longest time, but I noticed at some point it was moved back from 4/26/2012 to the start date of the forum (in 2019).  When I tried to change it back, it gave me this error:

Could contain: Text, Page

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 10:05 PM, Pleeb said:

Hey.  Did something change that ties it to the board's start date again?  This was working for the longest time, but I noticed at some point it was moved back from 4/26/2012 to the start date of the forum (in 2019).  When I tried to change it back, it gave me this error:

Could contain: Text, Page

On 5/27/2023 at 2:30 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I will release a new version with a setting so the admin will be able to choose how want it to work. 👍

New version is pending approval. It will add a setting:

U52TFaV.png

In your case, you may want to disable it.