Gallery add images box needs to go on a diet

Day_

When you select a gallery, the interface is a rather large rectangle. Still, there's a lot of empty space around the selection box even so. The overlay box changes size dynamically later in the selection and upload process, so I don't see why the initial box has to be as large as it is.

It changes size between the various steps/options and the interface to upload images. I'm not entirely sure it would be a good experience for the box to change size multiple times through the process unnecessarily, just to make the initial box smaller. I'd think as a user, the box changing size 2 or 3 times might feel jarring.

2 hours ago, bfarber said:

It changes size between the various steps/options and the interface to upload images. I'm not entirely sure it would be a good experience for the box to change size multiple times through the process unnecessarily, just to make the initial box smaller. I'd think as a user, the box changing size 2 or 3 times might feel jarring.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the idea, work with me here Mr Faber as it doesn't look great right now. Together I think we can get this dialog box looking much better, how about moving the first step of selecting the category within the upload dialog? 

I know what you're thinking, I'm not just a pretty face right, told you we could get this looking better 😉

addimages.thumb.png.a5fff00b7e1369170268f77233d11f02.png

The category selector changes other options in the submission process (e.g. whether albums are allowed, or even required, and whether the tagging system is enabled or disabled). You must select a category first so we know how to tailor the submission process.

Archived