How can I run a simple drive for reputation contest?

SJ77

Hi

I want to run a simple contest where winners over a 1 month time frame receive account credit. 

1st  = $50

2nd = $25

3rd = $10

Winners are ranked based on reputation over time frame (not overall reputation.)

What is the best way to do this? Better yet, HOW can I do this?

Thank you 🙂

20 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Hi

I want to run a simple contest where winners over a 1 month time frame receive account credit. 

1st  = $50

2nd = $25

3rd = $10

Winners are ranked based on reputation over time frame (not overall reputation.)

What is the best way to do this? Better yet, HOW can I do this?

Thank you 🙂

Easy!

Use the Leaderboard, which allows you to measure reputation over a certain time frame.  You can set certain days (September 1 to September 30) and the leaderboard will auto update.  The other nice thing is that it's public, so anybody can view the results as your contest is ongoing.  

1 minute ago, Joel R said:

Easy!

Use the Leaderboard, which allows you to measure reputation over a certain time frame.  You can set certain days (September 1 to September 30) and the leaderboard will auto update.  The other nice thing is that it's public, so anybody can view the results as your contest is ongoing.  

I can set custom time frames for the leader board and make the custom time frame publicly available?

You or any user can set custom time frames.  You can test right now on the IPS community or your own.  

I doubt it'll save though.  You may want to check the Leaderboard settings in the ACP.  By default, it runs on a daily basis.  

If you're running a contest, you're probably going to post announcements with weekly updates anyways.  

2 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

I have groups that need reputation but I don't want them to be part of the contest.

I know.  Sorry should have clarified (and it's what Adriano said in his latter half). 

You can exclude certain groups from appearing on the Leaderboard.  But they still receive reputation.  

37 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Oh, can't you just ... Ignore them for purposes of your contest? 

Leaderboard shows trophies for top 3. 

I would like to setup a custom  contest report that excludes certain groups but not effect the regular leaderboard stuffs.

Archived