Site can't be reached errors

marklcfc

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

Within IPS ACP, you can check system logs.  At the server level, you can check server logs.  

If you're cloud hosted, you can send in a ticket.  

There's nothing in system logs that relates to this error. My host said "This doesn't sound like its a server side issue and more than likely an issue your local client end or web content end (The website loading can be halted by content in the head section of the website html) "

What is the exact error message?

When it happens, you can hit the "PrtSc" key on your keyboard to take a screenshot, then open MS Paint or a similar program and hit CTRL+V to paste the screenshot you just took. Save the image and let us see what you are talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 2:57 PM, bfarber said:

What is the exact error message?

When it happens, you can hit the "PrtSc" key on your keyboard to take a screenshot, then open MS Paint or a similar program and hit CTRL+V to paste the screenshot you just took. Save the image and let us see what you are talking about.

It took a while as it was only appearing for a split second but now its staying on the error

error.thumb.png.c5731742feb79e4342dfe974c28abf26.png

I have not noticed this with my Invision Cloud community ... but have noticed with certain other sites (NOAA's Storm Prediction Center) using Chrome over the past few weeks. I think it is something going on with a recent Chrome (and perhaps with Chrome interacting with an ESET security product and/or OpenDNS). As with you, the message appears for an instant and then the site loads normally.

One way or another, I am guessing it has something to do with a recent Chrome update and Chrome looking for "something" it doesn't find immediately.

Archived