Strange Message From a User

JohnCourt

But I checked the email against our user directory, no one with this email exist. 

See message below. Has anyone here received the same message like this? Thanks for any enlightenment. And, do we have the ability to see members conversations between each other? I have found none in the admin area. Neither am I interested in eavesdropping even if the ability was available.

Thanks folks.

i report website for private messages ( batmanmods1337@gmail.com ) said:

i will report your site 2 Washington dc {for This includes private messages, which we have the ability to read,) facebook did the same thing you should not read othere members message  witch you are not giving members there privacy when it comes to private messages i found you on ipb topics i know how the admin work

I’ve gotten messages like that. It usually falls in the category of troll behavior. They try to threaten and provoke you. I try to stay as calm and rational as possible in such cases, just executing our community rules including the punishments they include. I try to engage as little as possible, since provoking reactions is the goal of troll behavior. 

To answer your specific question: you can log in as a user, which gives you exactly what that user sees, including messaging. 

Thanks Open. It did sound like a scam. I forgot about logging in as another user, I have done it in the past but only with their permission and usually for the purpose of troubleshooting something.

Appreciate  the soothing encouragement, I don't get paid enough to deal with this crap.:biggrin: 

Thanks again Open.

They are still trolling. Email address is not in our database, but the messages are coming through as "A user has sent you a message" . But they are sending through the contact form. So no they are not a user in our community. Just a small annoyance at this point. Whoever they are they are here reading this as well, they copy paste parts of this discussion and include it in their email. 

Archived