Recent Profile Visitors - Can It Be Turned Off?

FZ

One of the things I am hoping to encourage members to do is complete their profiles and share more information about themselves on there. However, there is a block that appears on every profile and that is the "Recent Profile Visitors" block. My thinking on this is that it's a little creepy to have your name appear on a user's profile page when you visit it and as such members are not likely to go to these profile pages if they are not allowed to visit them anonymously. 

I'm sure in previous versions we were able to turn this off globally, but in 4.3 I don't see any option to do that. I see that it can be turned off by the profile owner, but that's not likely to happen and seems a bit pointless to me. Anybody got any input on this? Am I not looking in the right place for the setting? 

Check with the author of New Member Settings in the Marketplace and ask if he can build in a setting for you.  

Also, for your actual query, check out profile completion in the ACP.  You can set up steps for users to fill out their profile.  

• 5 months later...

You could edit your theme's template in core > front > profile > profile 

remove these lines

{{if !empty( $visitors ) || \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id == $member->member_id}}
	<div class='ipsWidget ipsWidget_vertical cProfileSidebarBlock ipsBox ipsSpacer_bottom' data-controller='core.front.profile.toggleBlock'>
		{template="recentVisitorsBlock" group="profile" params="$member, $visitors"}
	</div>
{{endif}}

But I believe its up to the profile owner to disable it. 

22 hours ago, Goza said:

You could edit your theme's template in core > front > profile > profile 

remove these lines

{{if !empty( $visitors ) || \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id == $member->member_id}}
	<div class='ipsWidget ipsWidget_vertical cProfileSidebarBlock ipsBox ipsSpacer_bottom' data-controller='core.front.profile.toggleBlock'>
		{template="recentVisitorsBlock" group="profile" params="$member, $visitors"}
	</div>
{{endif}}

But I believe its up to the profile owner to disable it. 

Or hook could be made have turn off by admin 

Archived