Awesome Member Hovercards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome Member Hovercards 8 released!

• By request adds in the follow member feature. This replaces the ignore member link in the bottom of the hovercard and moves that ignore member link to the more menu. As now structured this places all "positive" member actions on the bottom of the hover card leaving all the "negative" ones in the more menu (flag spam, report user, ignore user) - user permissions permitting of course. 

This was more annoying than it should have been but I got there. As you interact with the follow feature that will involve another popup so you'll likely cursor off the hovercard during this - no worries, everything works fine and since this is all controlled via an IPS jquery bit the hovercard link will be instantly updated with following / not-following status.

2 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

Awesome Member Hovercards 8 released!

• By request adds in the follow member feature. This replaces the ignore member link in the bottom of the hovercard and moves that ignore member link to the more menu. As now structured this places all "positive" member actions on the bottom of the hover card leaving all the "negative" ones in the more menu (flag spam, report user, ignore user) - user permissions permitting of course. 

This was more annoying than it should have been but I got there. As you interact with the follow feature that will involve another popup so you'll likely cursor off the hovercard during this - no worries, everything works fine and since this is all controlled via an IPS jquery bit the hovercard link will be instantly updated with following / not-following status.

Awesome, thank you so much! Sorry it was annoying.

• 7 months later...

Middle picture caption: 🥴

By default that should already be happening, with or without AMH. The postcontainer template calls the core-global-userphoto template there. The last var in userphoto is $hovercard and it is set to true - which means only when someone calls the userphoto template and specifically sets that variable to FALSE will the hovercards not show.

In the postcontainer template that variable is not set, which means its true. Tested with and without AMH enabled - hovercards always show.

So, either your question was just an abstract one - in which case the answer is AMH works wherever hovercards are already. Or... you've got some custom theme/plugin stuff going on and are doing something else there with the avatars. In that case, I can take a quick (QUICK!) look but otherwise that falls under the category of poke your theme/plugin designer or pay me :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I just bought it and something isn't working fine. The More options... button is broken. If you click on it, the little windows is invisible (if you look closely you'll see a fine horizontal line).

image.thumb.png.ac5b2ee49680ec17d02c8cd515e6a1b2.png

Also, about the content counter. It says 9546 sujets. Sujets is a french word for topics. It should be posts. 

Thank you for helping me.

31 minutes ago, xdrox said:

Annnd, if the user is online it doesn't show what he is doing. The default usercard does.

AMH has never done this, I can add it in if wanted though.

1 hour ago, xdrox said:

It says 9546 sujets. Sujets is a french word for topics. It should be posts. 

You've exposed an IPS language bug. When I dev'd this I just grabbed something in a nearby template that was the word "posts". "ignore_topics" is strangely enough "posts" in the default IPS English language pack. No idea why. I'll change this to something more reasonable.

1 hour ago, xdrox said:

The More options... button is broken

Can you re-enable this on your site so I can take a look. I think you've got something conflicting somewhere. This is fine locally and on my own live sites.

sdfgg.JPG.a7c302b2a15329c63e581be2ff6447f1.JPG