How To Set a Products Expiration???

JTHastings

Within Commerce, I am creating a Product that when purchased will promote a Member to a new group called Supporting Member. I want this promotion to only last for 6 months. I enable the "Return to previous group when purchase expires or is canceled?" toggle BUT, how do I set the purchase expiration time????

2018-05-16_12-32-37.thumb.jpg.d4ebb9503ed9f1c0133040dd46e87a29.jpg

4 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Off top of my head ... look in the Pricing tab ... set product to renew every 6 months

I see that BUT I think that would generate an Invoice IAW the renewal invoice timeline. I don't want an invoice sent, I just want the promotion to expire.

A person buys a t-shirt and we promote them to the Supporting Member group for 6 months and then they revert to their original group. I don't want an invoice going out for them to buy another t-shirt (physical product).

12 minutes ago, AlexWright said:

You could probably use @Kevin Carwile's automation rules to achieve this. Have a rule set for on product purchase, move member to group, and in the actions of that, have a scheduled task for 6 months out that reverts them.

I should have thought of that! Although, it would be a lot more convenient to have it be part of the product setup section.

39 minutes ago, JTHastings said:

I should have thought of that! Although, it would be a lot more convenient to have it be part of the product setup section.

True, but at the same time it's essentially a bonus for the physical product as far as I understand, which IPS probably figured wouldn't be used widely.

Archived