4.2.9 to 4.3.2 Upgraded and Redis Connection is not working

media

4.2.9 to 4.3.2 Upgraded and Redis Connection is not working

Right before upgrade It was working just fine, after upgrade I get this error message 

Link

The URL of page the error occurred on was http://www.mysite.com/forum/admin/? (REMAINDER OF URL REDACTED FOR SECURITY)
RedisException: CANNOT_CONNECT (0)
#0 /home/media/public_html/forum/system/Redis/Redis.php(277): IPS\_Redis->connection('single')
#1 /home/media/public_html/forum/system/Data/Cache/Redis.php(207): IPS\_Redis->setEx('redisKey', 604800, 'ddbcae20a574d18...')
#2 /home/media/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(100): IPS\Data\Cache\_Redis->clearAll()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->_manageDatastore()
#4 /home/media/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(52): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/media/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->manage()
#6 /home/media/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/media/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#8 /home/media/public_html/forum/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /home/media/public_html/forum/init.php(533): IPS\_Log::log('RedisException:...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(RedisException))
#2 {main}

I have contacted to my host and checked myself on phpinfo that Redis is running and using same port and etc...

We could see that Redis is running fine in the server:-

root@myserver [~]# service redis status
redis-server (pid 2484) is running...
root@myserver [~]#

Regards,
Support.

What would be the problem?
Thanks

16 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Double check that a password is still needed

@media, be good if you clean redis ip, port and password from first error with link) :laugh:

I can say nothing about your question. Really need to touch for find problem. May be good to try to connect to the redis via redis-cli, flush all, check set/get keys. Some of problems you can found and fix in that direcly way. If all fine in cli - than problem may be exist in some network connectivity (try to use redis-cli on the same host with IPS installed) or somewhere else. All ways depended on method)

2 hours ago, Upgradeovec said:

@media, be good if you clean redis ip, port and password from first error with link) :laugh:

I can say nothing about your question. Really need to touch for find problem. May be good to try to connect to the redis via redis-cli, flush all, check set/get keys. Some of problems you can found and fix in that direcly way. If all fine in cli - than problem may be exist in some network connectivity (try to use redis-cli on the same host with IPS installed) or somewhere else. All ways depended on method)

27 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I edited that post to remove the sensitive info, and I see a ticket has been filed about the issue.

Someone will attend to it as soon as they are available.

When I created the topic I have edited the password and IP address... They are made up pass and ip….

3 hours ago, bfarber said:

Double check that a password is still needed and the one you've entered is still correct. If you continue to experience trouble submit a ticket for technical support.

Everything is correct... No changes server is same server, before upgrade working after upgrade NOT...

My host double checked on IP, Port, Password - All same and REDIS is running on the server just fine...

Ticket has been created...
Thanks

Update: 

Somehow IP address of the server was not working properly anymore (redis isn't configured to listen on the IP)... The host has to open localhost and use default localhost IP address to connect Redis server...

That solved the problem... 

Thanks

Archived