GDPR: How to prune/anonymise member accounts?

AL B

As above guys. I need to purge or anonymise accounts older than five years.

I can't find a way to do this in Invision Community v4.3.1. This is obviously a hot topic with the new EU laws. 

Can anyone show me how?

Great thank you. It would be great if this could be automated.

On prune I get...

Exception: DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (926031600) at position 7 (0): Unexpected character (0)
#0 /home/xx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(592): DateTime->__construct('926031600')
#1 /home/xx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->massManage()
#2 /home/xx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/xx/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

I'll contact support for help. 

If the member have logged in anonymously though, the timestamp for last visit is not updated. 

Ideally there should be two timestamps. One public and one private or just one timestamp and then a value deciding whether it should be displayed publicly or not. 

5 hours ago, AL B said:

As above guys. I need to purge or anonymise accounts older than five years.

I can't find a way to do this in Invision Community v4.3.1. This is obviously a hot topic with the new EU laws. 

Can anyone show me how?

Hi, why 5 years exactly ?

Not sure if you have to prune these members, but I'm very sure we need to opt-out these members for bulk email, if we haven't used email for a while...

In one of the latest IPS newsletters, they wrote they will create a new email list.

How they do it? How did they opt-out all members that don't respond in any way?

6 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Not sure if you have to prune these members, but I'm very sure we need to opt-out these members for bulk email, if we haven't used email for a while...

In one of the latest IPS newsletters, they wrote they will create a new email list.

How they do it? How did they opt-out all members that don't respond in any way?

I don't want a mailing list. I see on signup there is a checkbox and I found the setting to uncheck it by default. I'd rather remove it. Maybe I can find the template file and replace the checkbox with a hidden field. 

I also can't find a way to see any existing subscribers. The member search tool doesn't have a filter for that. 

I raised a ticket a few weeks ago regarding opting out all those who were opted in by default. I was told there would be a tool in 4.3 to do that. I'm still on 4.2 so hopefully a 4.3 user can confirm that.

Archived