Auto-Role by Club

Benjamin Garrison

Would be nice to have the option on automatically adding either a sub-role(s) or a primary role based on which club the member joins.  That way, an admin can assign members to clubs or approve members and they are given roles based on the club settings. 

Was looking for a plugin.  Not really able to find anything that can do that.  But since these are core features, figured I would suggest it here. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Garrison said:

Would be nice to have the option on automatically adding either a sub-role(s) or a primary role based on which club the member joins.  That way, an admin can assign members to clubs or approve members and they are given roles based on the club settings. 

Was looking for a plugin.  Not really able to find anything that can do that.  But since these are core features, figured I would suggest it here. 

Group Collaboration by @Kevin Carwile contains roles within clubs.  It's a much more full-featured implementation of social groups and clubs.  

What you want will be difficult to achieve in the core software.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2018 at 10:12 AM, bfarber said:

Can you give a clearer example how you would use this functionality? When you say 'role' are you referring to a secondary member group, or just elevated permissions in general?

Kind of both actually.

So if a user requests access to a club, once they are approved by the club admin/moderator, the system will assign either a secondary group or change the primary group of the user.  That distinction should be a setting in the admin panel for the club.  If I am not explaining this properly I apologize.  

Usage function would be simple really.  That way you can open links/pages/forums etc based on which club they were in since they would be assigned the correct group and/or secondary group once added.

I have a similar use case where there are membermap custom markers and pages databases that are group based by family, as well as clubs that are family based. Connecting the two is manual at the moment and requires admin intervention. Group assignment via Club membership would streamline this nicely. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Garrison said:

Kind of both actually.

So if a user requests access to a club, once they are approved by the club admin/moderator, the system will assign either a secondary group or change the primary group of the user.  That distinction should be a setting in the admin panel for the club.  If I am not explaining this properly I apologize.  

Usage function would be simple really.  That way you can open links/pages/forums etc based on which club they were in since they would be assigned the correct group and/or secondary group once added.

I think I am getting it now, but what you ask for has nothing to do with clubs really. You want an application system that results in member group changes. There are a few Marketplace plugin which might help you. Clubs will probably never get this feature, since their purpose is totally different. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived