Best Answer on Discussions Forums

Hi Adriano,

ever since I updated from IPS 4.1 to 4.2 the best answers don't work anymore. Today I am on 4.4 and your best answer 1.1.0 and nothing has changed.

In the the post view nothing is displayed left of the post itself to identify or select the best answer. I also find no traces of "bestanswer" in the html code of the page. When taking a look into the themes templates and css there are lots of occurrences of "bestanswer".

For me the "forums - front - topics - postRating" template seem to be the one responsible for the best answer stuff left of a post. The code is there, but nothing ends up on the age.

I am lost at this as I don't know all your code in detail. Would you be able to help?

Btw: the theme is a modified 4.0 default theme.

Thanks, Tom.

11 minutes ago, Refsmmat said:

ever since I updated from IPS 4.1 to 4.2 the best answers don't work anymore. Today I am on 4.4 and your best answer 1.1.0 and nothing has changed.

Tom, I just tested in 4.4.6 and in default theme and works as expected:

9 minutes ago, Refsmmat said:

Btw: the theme is a modified 4.0 default theme.

You should test it default theme, if it works, then you or your designer should fix that old version to make it compatible. Support doesn't include this.

I don't "edit" templates. Hooks do the job, if they "find" what they should find.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Thomas P said:

Thanks for the heads up, Adriano.

What really would be helpful would be a migration step or tool from your Plugin to the feature. 
I'd lose a couple of years with marked answers...

The column that stores the best answer post ID on IPS 4.4 is the same from IP.Board 3.4. I don’t believe they will change that. 

Anyway. I’ll take a look and reply back when Beta1 is out.

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2020 at 11:17 AM, Adriano Faria said:

The column that stores the best answer post ID on IPS 4.4 is the same from IP.Board 3.4. I don’t believe they will change that. 

It seems to be compatible with the IPS 4.5 Solved feature. 

Just to be sure: We can safely uninstall the app can’t we? It won’t wipe the Best Answer data, will it?

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Marafa said:

Suddenly the app allows to choose 2 best answers for the same topic

I can’t see the feature in the topic as I’m a guest. It’s possible because it stores the post ID of the best answer, so it couldn’t accept two IDs.

22 hours ago, Marafa said:

and not allowing to deselect best answer

Too vague. Any error message? 

For a quick try, you can simply uninstall and reinstall the app. You won’t lose any data as the post ID is stores in a core table.

• 3 weeks later...