Best Answer on Discussions Forums

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems not to work for me. You get the "check" in the topic view, but the "Answered" sign is shown nowhere, not in the activity stream (actually the stream doesn't even update that one thing was checked) or anywhere else.

See here (https://www.esportsbusiness.net/forums/forum/8-legal/) for example vs that the second post is checked (https://www.esportsbusiness.net/forums/topic/392-contracts-for-esports-player/?tab=comments#comment-2064)

Any idea how to fix that? Or did I miss any settings?

Also while testing I have encountered a small bug. If you check a post of a deleted user, the one who checks gets a SQL Error.

3 minutes ago, MarianHärtel said:

Seems not to work for me. You get the "check" in the topic view, but the "Answered" sign is shown nowhere, not in the activity stream (actually the stream doesn't even update that one thing was checked) or anywhere else.

See here (https://www.esportsbusiness.net/forums/forum/8-legal/) for example vs that the second post is checked (https://www.esportsbusiness.net/forums/topic/392-contracts-for-esports-player/?tab=comments#comment-2064)

Any idea how to fix that? Or did I miss any settings?

Also while testing I have encountered a small bug. If you check a post of a deleted user, the one who checks gets a SQL Error.

Tried on default theme? Disable all other plugins and test it. There is a couple of other plugins that replaces the link, which will make any other plugin to work there. 

One of them is “Link to first post” or something like that.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Tried on default theme? Disable all other plugins and test it. There is a couple of other plugins that replaces the link, which will make any other plugin to work there. 

One of them is “Link to first post” or something like that.

Yes, I tried on default theme, not working. Also it doesn't show up in the activity stream (https://www.esportsbusiness.net/discover/). The "Sort by"-Option is available though. Strange. Likely incompatible and wasted 15 Dollar :)

15 minutes ago, MarianHärtel said:

Adriano, I've found the plugin conflicting. Its the unread topic badge plugin. To bad one has to decide which one to use ;)

Yes, this one. I already contacted the dev and it wasn’t fixed. The problem is that this plugin replaces the whole link, so no other plugin in same area will work.

15 minutes ago, MarianHärtel said:

To bad one has to decide which one to us

Easy for me: one isn’t doing the right thing. The other does. I added the ANSWERED badge without replace the link. With mine, any other plugin, that does the right thing, will show there.

Edited by Adriano Faria
51 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, this one. I already contacted the dev and it wasn’t fixed. The problem is that this plugin replaces the whole link, so no other plugin in same area will work.

Easy for me: one isn’t doing the right thing. The other does. I added the ANSWERED badge without replace the link. With mine, any other plugin, that does the right thing, will show there.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Maybe there is an replacement for the other one.

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, InsideEdge said:

hmm.  So Best Answer doesn't work on a Question and Answer forum?   Is this something that can be added?

:wacko:

Question & Answer forums already has the best answer feature! Example:

My resource add it back on DISCUSSION forums because it was removed from 3.4 to 4.0.

You must be confused because default IPS Clubs doesn't has Question & Answers forum in Clubs. To add, you will need another resource: Clubs Enhancements.

3 minutes ago, InsideEdge said:

I also didn't see where you specifically enable clubs in settings.  I do see where to exclude clubs and forums.

My resources adds Best Answer on Clubs DISCUSSION forums automatically. The setting is to remove forums you don't want:

UCmwdee.jpg

I see.  Clubs does have a best answer where it highlights the post.  It does not however have the features that I really like in your app,  such as Notification that a post was selected as best answer, a pm or email.   There is also no Tag as "Best Answer"  just a checkmark.  It does not have a widget of best answers either.  These were all reasons why I purchased the app.   

I already use club enhancements and it is a great app.  

@InsideEdge

I'm sorry, I really don't know how to explain with another words. Let's start again:

- The plugin name:

Best Answer on Discussions Forums

- Description:

This resource restores a feature from IP.Board 3.4 and will allow topic starters and members from selected groups to set a post as best answer of a topic from DISCUSSIONS forums.

- What is DISCUSSTION and BEST ANSWER type of forums? When you create or edit a forum:

pvGGmO8.jpg

Now REAL examples:

Clear? Understood the difference?

Now regarding Clubs. IPS DO NOT use, and I'm not sure why, Question And Answers forum type in Clubs. And I really don't care about that, because it uses DISCUSSION forums only, and that's where my resource will work.

So a real example in a club:

- Forum view:

NAwOviF.jpg

- Topic view:

QXogxuP.png

More:

oknuW8U.jpg

More:

FhvcVtr.jpg

So everything that is described in the resource is working.

Just in case you don't know, the check mark appears only to the topic author. If you want other people to do it too, choose groups in the Groups allowed to set topics as Answered setting.

So what is the problem? I guess I'm not following.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 months later...

Hi, in the old IPB 3.x the "Best Answer" if exists it's showed at the top of the topic.

In this extension, if i understand correctly, are only marked.

It will be possibile to dump the "Best Answer" if exists under the question (with a special green css) (duplicated, showed also in posts in correct order)?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...