(NE) Mention list enhancements

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Not seeing any issues in my testing on my live site, will do some further testing later tonight.

Via PM, can you send me a link to your site along with a username/password to login as a user? Thanks

Will do, thanks for the help

Thanks for providing that access - allowed me to check the response being sent back by the server when you type a name, reveals a HTTP 500 error. Testing locally, and on my live site, and I don't see that - but then I introduced PHP 8.0.19 into the mix, and there it is. I'll get working on a fix and release as soon as I can.

v2.1.1 is currently pending approval.

FIXES

• Fixed PHP 8 issue in template, which would cause the mention list to not appear correctly

CHANGES

• Removed 'Include banned accounts in list' setting as 'Banned' accounts are no longer included in the list by default by IPS (intention of this setting was to allow you remove 'Banned' accounts from the listing - feature no longer required)

NEW

• Tested & compatible with IPS 4.7
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Nathan Explosion

Thanks for your wonderful module, and thank you for continuing improving it!

I have just updated to the latest version, as for IPS, as for you application, and noticed, that the greatly implemented feature of disabling ourselves from being mentioned doesn't work correctly, in my opinion:

First: it doesn't count secondary groups when choosing groups which allowed to disable mentions.

Second, and most important: once I "Disable @Mentions" in my account settings, I will not be able to mention myself, but other users Are still able to mention me! :ohmy:

Third: once another user in any other primary (!) group disables @Mentions in his own account settings, he will be Not able to mention me, and himself. But any other users, who did not disabled @Mentions, are still able to mention me and that second user! :huh:

Please help to check, what is going wrong there.

By the way, you mentioned in one of your fixes and changes, that "User online indicator no longer shows 'Anonymous' users as online", but when a user is in the group which has in settings "Forced anonymity", this user is still shown online in the mention list, although he has to be invisible.

1 hour ago, alexxis said:

I have just updated to the latest version, as for IPS, as for you application

And the version numbers are what, exactly? Sorry, I don't do "Latest version" - I like to know exact details so that I can test with what you have. In addition:

1. what version of PHP are you running?
  2. What versions of IPS and my application were you running previously? (I'm assuming here that these issues weren't occuring for you previously?)

First: it doesn't count secondary groups when choosing groups which allowed to disable mentions.

Correct - primary group only checked; I'll consider this a feature enhancement next time I am adding new functionality.

Second, and most important: once I "Disable @Mentions" in my account settings, I will not be able to mention myself, but other users Are still able to mention me! :ohmy:

Third: once another user in any other primary (!) group disables @Mentions in his own account settings, he will be Not able to mention me, and himself. But any other users, who did not disabled @Mentions, are still able to mention me and that second user!

So, you are indicating that the option available to a user to stop themselves appearing in the mention list isn't working, correct?

By the way, you mentioned in one of your fixes and changes, that "User online indicator no longer shows 'Anonymous' users as online", but when a user is in the group which has in settings "Forced anonymity", this user is still shown online in the mention list, although he has to be invisible.

I'll take a look into that but seeing as you indicate the 'Forced anonymity' functionality isn't working for you at all, then maybe work on getting that resolved? because all I am doing is using the IPS isOnlineAnonymously() check for a member.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
6 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

And the version numbers are what, exactly? Sorry, I don't do "Latest version" - I like to know exact details so that I can test with what you have. In addition:

1. what version of PHP are you running?
  2. What versions of IPS and my application were you running previously? (I'm assuming here that these issues weren't occuring for you previously?)

Thank you for your reply and sorry for confusing. Here is my data: php 7.4.28, IPS 4.6.12.1, Mention list enhancements 2.1.1

My previous IPS version was the latest 4.5.* , I forgot exact number, but the previous time I updated my board was on the 7th of February, 2021. And the previous version of your application was at the time, when it was a plugin!

Correct - primary group only checked; I'll consider this a feature enhancement next time I am adding new functionality.

Thank you! It will be great to have this feature.

So, you are indicating that the option available to a user to stop themselves appearing in the mention list isn't working, correct?

Yes, correct. 

I'll take a look into that but seeing as you indicate the 'Forced anonymity' functionality isn't working for you at all, then maybe work on getting that resolved? because all I am doing is using the IPS isOnlineAnonymously() check for a member.

OK, got you, then, I 'll be waiting for their response, and than I can let you know, if there is my local problem, or a global one. Currently no one from the IPS team has logged in into my board, although I have provided all the necessary details.

7 hours ago, alexxis said:

than I can let you know

No need - I am already following the topic.

7 hours ago, alexxis said:

Currently no one from the IPS team has logged in into my board, although I have provided all the necessary details.

Did you tell them that you have done that? You should post on the topic to advise them.

• 2 weeks later...

v2.2.0 is currently pending approval

FIXES

• Fixed issue with the 'Disable @Mentions' account setting not working as expected (issue will have existed since v2.0 was released, only just reported)

CHANGES

• All group settings now take secondary group membership into account.

NEW

Known issues

1. The "Limit number of results displayed?" functionality provided by this application will not work as expected if you are also using the Group Mention application - this is purely down to the way in which both applications have to hook into the IPS function which generates the results for the @Mentions listing, and is unfortunately not something which I can currently workaround.
  2. The "Show if user is online" setting doesn't work as expected in the following scenario:
    • You have the group setting "Can login anonymously?" set to 'Forced'
    • Members of that group haven't been able to actively set themselves as 'Anonymous' prior to that setting being enabled.
    • This is an IPS bug which has been indicated as resolved in this post with the following reference: "Fixed an issue where some members in group that is set to force anonymous status may not be anonymous."

• 1 month later...

Sorry if I missed this but I was checking a list of apps and plugins, some of which (rather frustratingly) led to "configuration error" pages so, like you, I was getting a bit impatient.  But hey, you could always just reply with "yes" instead of including a screenshot if that helps.

Edited by LiquidFractal

Actually, as with my other post there is no explicit mention of 4.7 compatibility in my Marketplace view of your app.  If it is then it is, but I'm just saying that I don't get that view of your product.  I get a long list of changes with 2.2.0, but nothing like what you attached.  FYI.

Edited by LiquidFractal

Here's the listing directly on here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/contributors/files/8715-ne-mention-list-enhancements/

View the 'Compatabilty' field.

Want to know when the compatibility was added?

Try checking ALL the change log information (there are prior ones - here's the specific one you need)

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8715-ne-mention-list-enhancements/?changelog=26448

Want to see the compatibility information in the ACP? Go ask IPS to add it in:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/499-feature-suggestions/

Are you having an actual issue with the app's functionality when installed on IPS 4.7? If so, please provide details.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

New version due soon, adding in the following:

Any other feature enhancement requests?

still no other news from the @kRSB , the owner of the "Group mention" application? 😞 I really would like to have "Limit number of results displayed" setting correctly working back again 😞 

On 6/26/2022 at 4:01 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

The "Limit number of results displayed?" functionality provided by this application will not work as expected if you are also using the Group Mention application - this is purely down to the way in which both applications have to hook into the IPS function which generates the results for the @Mentions listing, and is unfortunately not something which I can currently workaround.

Are you referring to this? If so, still the same and there is no involvement required from the other developer. If it can be resolved at a later point, it will. At this time, it can't.

• 2 months later...

@Nathan Explosion

Hello,

I've noticed, that disabling mentions feature won't work until I enable this feature to all groups.

How to reproduce:
- Enable one or several groups (not all) in this section (including yourself): "Groups allowed to disable mentions"
- Enable "Disable @Mentions" in your account settings
- Try to mention your account (with a @ sign) while being logged into another account in a group, which is NOT selected in the "Groups allowed to disable mentions" section.
- You Should be able to mention your main account 😞 

Now lets select All groups in the "Groups allowed to disable mentions", and you won't be able to mention your account then.
I believe, it should not work in this way. In my opinion, the correct way of working is when I give to only selected groups the right to disable mentioning themselves, not to all, and it should work then. Currently not 😞 

Please check,

ps.>"Group mention" application was disabled when testing.

On 4/18/2023 at 3:49 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

OK - will look into it next time I look at this app.

One more point I have noticed: when I give a user in a specific group the ability to disable mentions, then he really disables them, so after I remove this feature from that group, his nickname will be still unmentionable. 😞 although his group doesn't have the right to disable mentions. Meaning that he will be unmentionable even without having the setting to make himself mentionable again.

This situation works fine with the anonymity group. Once the group with the anonymity enabled (forced) will be removed from a member, this member will be visible immediately. 

Is it possible to implement this feature to your application too? > once a user doesn't have the right to use the "disable mention" feature, he has to be back to mentionable status again. (DISABLE_MENTIONS to 0 in 'neappmentions_members')

• 1 month later...