(NE) Mention list enhancements

Asked via the review system (last time I will be responding to a question in there)

I did not understand what icons you can explain to me?

What do the icons represent?

As mentioned in the description of the plugin, they represent the options that have been chosen by the person in the list for their notifications. Inline, by default, is a bell (look at the top of this site....bell = notification list = inline) and email, by default, is an envelope (explains that, I think)

Where do these icons come from?

As per the settings, they are font-awesome icons. Refer to http://fontawesome.io/icons/ for the full list.

If someone has inline notifications for mentions enabled then, by default, a dark bell is displayed (fa-bell) and if disabled then, by default, a light bell is display (fa-bell-o)

If someone has email notifications for mentions enabled then, by default, a dark envelope is displayed (fa-envelope) and if disabled then, by default, a light envelope is displayed (fa-envelope-o)

How do I change them?

Use the plugin settings and replace the icon reference in the relevant fields. And don't leave off the fa- otherwise it won't display the icon....I may guard against that if people make the mistake too many times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2017 at 10:02 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

Can you please add a option to display the mentioned user name with "formattedname" of its group? Like your "Group Mention" plugin. So, instead of classical mention box like: @Nathan Explosion will be displayed @Nathan Explosion. With or without the "@". Eg. When you mention someone, it will be displayed like that: John Doe Adm | John Doe Mod  | John Doe Premium.

1 hour ago, niKee said:

Like your "Group Mention" plugin.

I haven't developed a "Group Mention" plugin.

Your request is outside of my intended scope of the plugin, really - the plugin was intended to enhance the list displayed as you type, and not to modify the functionality or look of the resulting mention. Additionally, the resulting mention is placed in via the ipsmention CKEDITOR plugin, and I have no plans at all to even attempt to modify that. If I do decide to put this feature in then it will not affect the look of the mention when it is viewed in the editor - but will affect the mention when the post is viewed instead (i.e. it will look normal in the editor, but would appear coloured when viewing the post)

11 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I haven't developed a "Group Mention" plugin.

Your request is outside of my intended scope of the plugin, really - the plugin was intended to enhance the list displayed as you type, and not to modify the functionality or look of the resulting mention. Additionally, the resulting mention is placed in via the ipsmention CKEDITOR plugin, and I have no plans at all to even attempt to modify that. If I do decide to put this feature in then it will not affect the look of the mention when it is viewed in the editor - but will affect the mention when the post is viewed instead (i.e. it will look normal in the editor, but would appear coloured when viewing the post)

Yes. I was thinking about this one from MyBB: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=29

• 10 months later...

Hi Nathan,
Could you please advice on a problem with your plugin? For some reason when I uncheck the "All groups" box and try to check only some of my groups it lets me do it, but after I save settings it shows up only with an "Administrator" group highlighted. The rest is unchecked.
http://prntscr.com/kotwzd
No matter which group(s) I select - after saving only the first one is selected. That's why I can't restrict a couple of groups to be visible while tagging.
http://prntscr.com/kotyoc

It's not happening with other plugins in the same IPBoard installation. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,
Abby

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

What's new in v2.0.1?

• Plugin has been converted to an application
  • NEW: Ability to disable user groups from being able to use @Mentions functionality
  • NEW: "Disable Mentions" functionality from Adriano Faria's "Mentions Enhancements" plugin has been incorporated in this new version (see here for more details)
  • NEW: Addition of a feature to allow the user's group information to be displayed in the resulting @Mention entry created for them.

Current known issues:

1. after installation, the 'Settings' page for the application will fail to open - v2.0.2 has been submitted for approval to fix this. If you are self-hosted and have FTP access to your site then send me a PM and I will provide you with a patch file to resolve the issue.
  2. The new "Groups allowed to use @Mentions functionality" setting is not working as expected. Workaround: set to 'All Groups' until resolved.
Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I'll test it out - what are your settings currently configured as?

Presently the only setting I've configured is enabling the online status option. Otherwise it's running stock on a default IPS theme. No other mods are enabled that I would think would interfere with it. 

Edited by kotaco