4.2.4 or security patch: Did it just un-happen?

Songstuff

I received a notification saying I needed to do an upgrade to fix a security issue... so in admin I went to run the upgrade, only to be told my system was up to date. I go to applications and check for updates and... nothing. I come here and it says 4.2.4 is released.

What's going on?

It didn't happen to me so I'm clueless as to why it did that for you. When I discovered the patch was released, I logged into my ACP, went to Applications, ran the check for upgrades and discovered a new update was available. I ran the update and it ran perfectly, with no problems. I'm clueless as to why you get the messages on the screenshot you posted. That's the first time I've ever seen that, unless someone within your community ran the patch and it didn't complete the update. That's happen to me once before. But, it was corrected after a ran the update again.

20 hours ago, Songstuff said:

I received a notification saying I needed to do an upgrade to fix a security issue... so in admin I went to run the upgrade, only to be told my system was up to date. I go to applications and check for updates and... nothing. I come here and it says 4.2.4 is released.

What's going on?

This is exactly what just happened to me.

19 hours ago, Rheddy said:

@Songstuff, that means you have upgrade notifications disabled through a modification. Plus, why don't you try running the "check for updates" tool in Applications? Works fine for me.

No problem with the actual notification appearing, the problem came when I clicked on it. Checking for updates manually does nothing. I have no mods installed at all that would affect the ACP.

Pretty strange!

Archived